We cruise Celebrity a number of times a year, often in suites.  Sadly a female butler has never been part of our experience.  As part of your #CrewUpWithWomen do you intend to promote women to this roll, it’s way overdue.  Thank you.

• Like 6

Can I support Oville comments. We have completed 2 Celebrity sailings and have a third booked for 2020, all in Royal Suites. I would comment that whilst it is great having a butler, that the Celebrity butlers do not compare as favourably as those we have experienced on NCL and Cunard. I would go as far as suggesting that the butler experience on NCL and Cunard lifted otherwise lacklustre sailings on these brands.

It is our experience is that Celebrity butler's lack pro-activity unless given a specific task. After the poor performance of our first sailing, we made a point of arranging everything which we required with the pre-cruise concierge as we found the response of the land-based team in setting up our suite to be superior to that once on ship.

It is my view that perhaps the addition of female butlers could transform the butler service and thereby the suite experience for passengers. It is surprising that given the number of female concierges on board Celebrity ships that there has not been a reflected by the presence of female butlers.

• Like 6

We actually had one of the first women butlers on our last cruise. Her name was Irena and she was fantastic, we saw her every day whether we needed anything or not she was always helpful with any requests and set a beautiful message and roses for us on our anniversary. In fact there was another women butler on the cruise who was also helpful especially the night her and Irena brought in two trays of room service lol! Kudos to Lisa for giving everyone an opportunity in this position!

My wife and I had a wonderful female butler named Nalan on our Reflection cruise back in October, 2013. She was very proactive, did everything we asked of her and surprised us by doing little things we didn't think of. She was also very thoughtful and caring for me when I wasn't feeling well one day. We really missed her and wished we ran into her again but never did.

In the few times we were in a suite since then our male butlers, with the exception of one, has been lackluster at best.

• Like 1

We have had two different female butlers, and while one was good, the other was not. Similarly, we have had two different male butlers (one on two different cruises), and one was good and the other not. I can't say I care about the sex of my butler as much as I care that he or she does a good job.

• Like 2

Sorry to go against the rules and answer, but there isn't much action here. 🙂

I wanted to give a shout out to Denisa, our butler extraordinaire on the Edge. She looks a little like "I Dream of Jeannie" and she is very much like a genie, in that all of your wishes come true when she is your butler (within reason).

image.thumb.png.be0a3c9c28ade201b2aa37598fe60777.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!
As you may know, I am very passionate about promoting gender equality at every opportunity. We are always looking for opportunities to promote qualified and interested women to roles on-board. This includes female butlers. We now have 5 female Hotel Directors as well. 

Thank you and have a great rest of your day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2