Lighthouse tour

KG2019

On 7/28/2019 at 11:16 AM, KG2019 said:

Which New England port has the best lighthouse tour?  Maybe multiple lighthouses?  Thanks

Save your money.  Entering Portland, if you get up about 45 minutes prior to arrival, you will see the Portland Head Light from close by, with views from the sea instead of from land.  You will also see Ram Island Ledge Light in the harbor, and Spring Point Light and Bug Light in South Portland as you come in to dock.  You will likely also see the Cape Elizabeth Light at "Two Lights" as the ship sails close by.  These are most likely all the ones that you would see on a tour, others are down in York County, and a half hour drive there and back.

I'd go for the Mailboat Run for a harbor cruise on a budget, or one of the schooner cruises of the bay.

On 7/28/2019 at 2:28 PM, olemissreb said:

Not sure if it's the best, but my mom and I are doing a Lighthouse Tour in Portland through Portland Discovery Tours.  Guess I'll find out in October if it's the best port for tours.

We will be doing the same on the Snowbird Migration Cruise in October.  There are enough of us doing it that they offered two pick up times directly at the ship.  We had booked the regular tour on their website, along with many others from our Roll Call.  Later we all received an e-mail offering the ship pick up options.  Afterwards a group of us are going on a quest for lobster rolls!

On 7/29/2019 at 5:28 PM, chengkp75 said:

Save your money.  Entering Portland, if you get up about 45 minutes prior to arrival, you will see the Portland Head Light from close by, with views from the sea instead of from land.  You will also see Ram Island Ledge Light in the harbor, and Spring Point Light and Bug Light in South Portland as you come in to dock.  You will likely also see the Cape Elizabeth Light at "Two Lights" as the ship sails close by.  These are most likely all the ones that you would see on a tour, others are down in York County, and a half hour drive there and back.

I'd go for the Mailboat Run for a harbor cruise on a budget, or one of the schooner cruises of the bay.

Thanks!!!