Vegetarian/Vegan options on Coco Cay?

Hi...I've seen some images of menus being posted from the different venues on the island, with standard fare (burgers, dogs etc). Does anyone know of any vegetarian/vegan options? Also, after being on Allure with Boardwalk Dogs, I would love Royal to add a Veggie dog/option to their menu- any way to submit this feedback?? Thanks!!

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Aren't vegetarian and vegan very different?

Yes. vegans don't eat animals or animal products. Vegetarians don't eat animals but will eat animal products such as dairy and eggs. I assume the OP is a vegetarian since they are open to both choices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, cyclone1414 said:

Hi...I've seen some images of menus being posted from the different venues on the island, with standard fare (burgers, dogs etc). Does anyone know of any vegetarian/vegan options? Also, after being on Allure with Boardwalk Dogs, I would love Royal to add a Veggie dog/option to their menu- any way to submit this feedback?? Thanks!!

I can't speak of the hot dogs but the burgers on Royal Caribbean are so bad that I would welcome a boca burger even if it was microwaved.

23 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I can't speak of the hot dogs but the burgers on Royal Caribbean are so bad that I would welcome a boca burger even if it was microwaved.

Snack Shack on Coco Cay was really good.

20190714_112314.thumb.jpg.72fd257bdcc9ee5455ccb9a484f991af.jpg

Mariner MDR made them really good at lunch on last years repo. 

20180506_120110.thumb.jpg.a95c879caf62517e1e83919fe6feb782.jpg

20180506_115847.thumb.jpg.3de4bd4810618f2c120d571bdde4c090.jpg

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Snack Shack on Coco Cay was really good.

20190714_112314.thumb.jpg.72fd257bdcc9ee5455ccb9a484f991af.jpg

Mariner MDR made them really good at lunch on last years repo. 

20180506_120110.thumb.jpg.a95c879caf62517e1e83919fe6feb782.jpg

20180506_115847.thumb.jpg.3de4bd4810618f2c120d571bdde4c090.jpg

MDR burger?  WJ and Labadee were mush burgers. I have never had a wet burger before I sailed on Royal Caribbean. I'm not fussy burgers from the buffet or grill have been fine on other lines. Not gourmet  but you didn't question if it was meat or not.

7 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

MDR burger?  WJ and Labadee were mush burgers. I have never had a wet burger before I sailed on Royal Caribbean. I'm not fussy burgers from the buffet or grill have been fine on other lines. Not gourmet  but you didn't question if it was meat or not.

Main Dining Room

I'm thinking you chose a lousy ship to sail on. 

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Main Dining Room

I'm thinking you chose a lousy ship to sail on. 

Didn't try the burger in the MDR just WJ and Labadee. I had hopes for the one on Labadee but it was the same as WJ.  I have read a lot of complaints about the burgers on Royal in the Johnny Rocket treads. I thought they were over exaggerating. How can you screw up a burger? It was the consistency more than the flavor that was bad. It was as if it was microwaved. I would have enjoyed one of those hockey puck burgers that they usually serve on the cruise ship private islands. 

Edited by Iamcruzin

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Didn't try the burger in the MDR just WJ and Labadee. I had hopes for the one on Labadee but it was the same as WJ.  I have read a lot of complaints about the burgers on Royal in the Johnny Rocket treads. I though they were over exaggerating. How can you screw up a burger. It was the consistency more than the flavor that was bad. It was as if it was microwaved. I would have enjoyed on of those hockey puck burgers that they usually serve on the cruise ship private islands. 

The key to WJ is to ask and wait for a fresh one. They'll even melt the cheese for you. On Labadee, the only good burgers are on Barefoot Beach. They aren't mass produced. Buns arent thst good though. 

Coastal Kitchen can also make a decent burger with hot fries.

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

The key to WJ is to ask and wait for a fresh one. They'll even melt the cheese for you. On Labadee, the only good burgers are on Barefoot Beach. They aren't mass produced. Buns arent thst good though. 

Coastal Kitchen can also make a decent burger with hot fries.

Thanks for the tips. I will have to remember for next time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cyclone1414 said:

any idea re veggie burgers on the island??

Yes, my granddaughters are vegetarians and were happy with choices at Coco Cay. There are veggie burgers, salads, a taco bar, rice and beans, fresh fruit, etc. Enjoy!

Edited by marys350

6 hours ago, marys350 said:

Yes, my granddaughters are vegetarians and were happy with choices at Coco Cay. There are veggie burgers, salads, a taco bar, rice and beans, fresh fruit, etc. Enjoy!

amazing, thanks- good to know!!