Back of the ship with Balcony

insgirl43

We are on the Glory 03/18/06 and I was wondering if anyone has been

on the back of the ship with balcony and how it was? There are 6 of us together and we are all next to each other and they said we can open the

balcony and make it one big one. We are counting the days

Please let my husband and I know how your cabin was. We are scheduled to take out first cruise on June 10th 2006, and we have a balcony cabin in the back of the ship. We are really looking forward to this cruise, just want to make sure we decided on a good room, could not imagine a completely enclosed room, that would be freaky.:eek:

Thank You

Wendy email twistedmomof5@yahoo.com

We were on Constellation last year with a balcony on the back of the ship. You won't be sorry you got it. Many times we felt as though we were on our own private yacht. Entering and leaving ports you have a front row seat and can see unobstructed 180 degree panoramic views. The drone of the sea churning behind the ship will put you to sleep. Be sure to have at least one room service breakfast in the first couple of days as you may find that you prefer that over the resturant.

We are on the Glory 03/18/06 and I was wondering if anyone has been

on the back of the ship with balcony and how it was? There are 6 of us together and we are all next to each other and they said we can open the

balcony and make it one big one. We are counting the days

In joy Just Returned 7 Day On The Golden Princess Had a Suite Aft B749 Best Cabin Ever Our Suite Was in The Vary Middle With Only a Suite on each Side

The Balcony Was Extra Large With Table and 4 Chars Plus Two Loung Chases And End Table

The View Was Fantastic

We just booked on Celebrity Mercury Suite on Sky Deck For Next Year (The Ship Has No Suite Aft We will Miss It)( only has family ocean view with panoramic windows no balcony)

GO FOR IT YOU WILL NOT REGRET AFT WITH BALCONY

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

The aft balconies are larger then the side ones.. but dont expect 2 lounge chairs.

You ask your cabin steward to open the dividers. but once they are opened they will stay opened.

Its warmer on the aft then on the side. there is no ocean breezes.

Keep your curtains closed during hte day to keep the cabin cool.

Wipe off the chiars before you sit down. We didnt have a problemw ith soot but didnt want to take chances either.

Its a farther walk to the elevators/stairs but the halls are quiet back there. People on a cruise dont go where they dont have to so the only people you will see are the people who live back there.

We had an aft balcony on Sapphire a couple weeks ago (A746). Just a regular balcony cabin, no suite or anything, but it had a slightly larger balcony than standard. It had 2 chairs and a round table, and I went next door to the pool and grabbed a lounger and put it out there as well. My TA tried to talk me out of this cabin, since she highly recommends mid ship cabins, but I had read enoygh on here that I knew I wanted to try it, and am glad we did. Very quiet, even with a door to the pool next to our door. It was great to be able to leave the door open and listen to the waves, and not have a crosswind throw everything in the cabin around.

We had a corner aft balcony cabin on deck 8 on the Mariner of the Seas in October. It was fantastic - a long walk, but well worth it to us.

We had a lounge, a reclining chair with an attached hassock, and two regular chairs, plus a small table on the balcony. This was a family cruise (21 of us ages 82 - 2) and we were comfortable with 10 - 12 of us on the balcony at one time.

We did feel more motion in this location than in other parts of the ship (felt like side-to-side motion), but we enjoy the motion.

We were concerned about having a single door instead of a sliding door, but we soon became used to it. Having the view from the corner balcony was worth the trade off.

We just booked cabin 4232 on the Carnival Legend. Anyone have any pics. We did have a balcony on the same ship but it was mid ship on the same deck. I have heard the balconies are bigger in the aft by 50%. Is this true? Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

~~Debbie~~

• 2 weeks later...

Never, ever, book an aft balcony. If you don't book one, I won't have to book mine so far ahead in order to assure that I get one.

Have one on the Liberty in May. Booked in early August. All aft balconies were already gone on the 05-07 sailing, so had to change to the 05-19. Wasn't going to sail the Meditteranean without it!

Auburn77,

You're funny! We have a couple of places we tell people to never go, or excursions/trips we suggest they never try........all in a feeble attempt to steer away the masses from these favorites of ours. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work. SOMEONE OUT THERE IS TALKING!!!!

We've never booked a suite before and we're really looking forward to being pampered. I'm not really good at asking people to do things for me, but, from what I hear, I better start practicing and become used to the idea.

Groovy Croozin'!!!

CruisinKat

Are some better than others? located on the end suites better than being in the middle,or is the middle better?

it also will depend on what class ships. the suites located on the spirit class on the aft are great--- because of the large balcony--and those cabins are broke down in sections. THe sitting area is seperate from the sleeping area..so its more of a suite feeling then a regular cat 11 which is just a bigger cabin

I hope the back is where it's at...:)

Spent quite a bit of extra money to grab a suite on the back of the Costa Mediterranea and we leave a week from today!

I have to say that the Berlitz, "Complete Guide to Cruising & Crusie Ships 2006" talked me into it with his comments about this ship:

"Some of the most desirable suites and cabins are those with private balconies on the five aft-facing decks (Decks 4 to 8) with views overlooking the stern and ship's wash."

In fact, I traded down about 20-30% of room space (due to the odd shape of the room) for about 40% in balcony space. We will see if that was worth it.

All the best!

I am trying to book an aft balcony on the Brilliance for February or March 2007 and I am not having much luck. How far in advance do I have to book this cabin. Am I correct in understanding that a D1 is available on deck 10? I will wait until 2008 if I can get one of those cabins. Thanks

My DH and I just book our Cruise on the Destiny 2 weeks ago for a April 30th 2006 sailing, we got aft 8333. By the looks of it this is a larger than normal cabin with a large wrap type of balcony. Not sure what it was still available other than the price. But we are happy and cannot wait. :cool:

We love the balconies. We walked thru the bottom of the ship. I looked in to see the inside room. You can keep it. I couldn't do one. I walked in one. Opened up the curtain and saw the wall. We have done a suite once on Disney. Loved it. WE had a oceanview too. Now I do the balconies. Would like another suite but too expensive. Will be happy with the balconies. If i had to do a inside, I would wait. That is just me.

Archived