Viking Air Deviation Change of Plans

Ladiewillow

Good morning from Texas. We booked our 2nd Vikings Rhine cruise for 2020 last year. We had plans to fly to London, spend 3 days and then travel by Eurostar to Amsterdam. In addition, our plans included to stay an additional 3 days in Lucerne after the cruise. Well, as always, plans change and we do not have the additional time to stay extra days before or after the cruise. We paid $100 per person for deviation fees. Will these be refunded? Or can they be credited to the account to use for airlines upgrades, etc? Viking is not open this early in the am and so I'm reaching out to the boards. 

Thank you! 😃

While I don’t know, I’d bet that Viking’s position is that they have already performed the (deviation) service you paid for and there is no refund or credit. Count yourself lucky if they don’t charge you an ADDITIONAL fee to change your existing reservation. 

• Like 1

If the tickets have been issued you are out of luck. If not and final payment has not been made they will deduct the deviation fee from your invoice. If final payment has been made I have no idea what they will do   Let us know what happens. 

Thankyou all for your replies. Finally, I was able to contact them. The deviation fee is $100 per person and will stay due to the fact that we made our own reservation through Movenpick in Amsterdam for 3 days before the cruise starts. We will be flying back right after the cruise but a deviation fee is a deviation fee. If we made all the arrangements with Viking then we would have a credit or a refund. I made them on the side since they saved us a few pennies... but it didn't in the end... =(

On 8/6/2019 at 6:00 AM, Ladiewillow said:

Thankyou all for your replies. Finally, I was able to contact them. The deviation fee is $100 per person and will stay due to the fact that we made our own reservation through Movenpick in Amsterdam for 3 days before the cruise starts. We will be flying back right after the cruise but a deviation fee is a deviation fee. If we made all the arrangements with Viking then we would have a credit or a refund. I made them on the side since they saved us a few pennies... but it didn't in the end... =(

Will there is an addition fee for changing flights?