Mediterranean Tour Buses

Poplin

This is a delicate subject but I've been asked to investigate by the tour group I am going with to the Mediterranean.  Do the larger tour buses, specifically  in Spain, France, Malta, Montenegro, Malta, and Greece, have bathrooms on them. We have a few in our group with issues and may opt to go on shorter tours.

For day tours, I have been on buses with no restrooms but a stop about every two hours where there may or may not be facilities. For cruisetours which involve stays in hotels either before, after or during the cruise then the buses I have been on have had restrooms.

Tour coaches in Europe are a mix of with and without, unless the tour operator (cruise line?) specifies.

Even if a CC member has travelled on the self-same tour / self-same operator & says the coach had a bathroom, it's no guarantee it'll be the same for your tour.

As katisdale's post, if there's no bathroom the coaches have comfort stops if there's serious time between venues that have restrooms.

But I suspect that there's folk in your group  for whom that's not often enough.

Private tours aren't usually in full-size coaches, so hopefully these are ship-sponsored excursions & you can get the answers for all your ports in one call / e-mail to the cruise line. 

Least-likely to have a bathroom are those on Malta - long time since we've been there but most coaches are small and dated. 

JB :classic_smile:

The drivers in the Eu are required to take breaks after two consecutive hours of driving. IME, that means if they stop driving so the our group can get off to see stuff, the clock stops and resets too. 

Also, many times the driver keeps the wc (if there is one) locked and won't unlock it while the bus is moving.

FWIW, they make an airliner wc seem spacious.

8 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

The drivers in the Eu are required to take breaks after two consecutive hours of driving. IME, that means if they stop driving so the our group can get off to see stuff, the clock stops and resets too. 

Also, many times the driver keeps the wc (if there is one) locked and won't unlock it while the bus is moving.

FWIW, they make an airliner wc seem spacious.

Maximum between driver breaks is 4 hours, CPT.

But yes, drivers will often lock the bathroom door for short trips - often with a fictitious "out-of-order" sign. :classic_rolleyes:

And yes, the bathroom is very very small.

JB :classic_smile: