Your experiences with Dream Studio's work

Silent Penguin

I would like to hear either your experience or advice about the professional photo sessions on the Horizon.  I'm entertaining the idea of a booking a photo session during our upcoming 30th anniversary cruise on the Horizon.  I have reservation about it because  Dh and I have had our picture taken as a couple formally a few times over the past years, on land and once at sea, but the proofs weren't so great so we never went through with the purchase.   Having our photo taken was an awkward experience, and even though we tried to look relaxed and happy, it always showed in the photos that we weren't.  Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, Silent Penguin said:

If you don't mind my asking for more information, what was amazing about your experience?  

I don't usually like pictures of myself.  With pictures taken in the Dream studio, I liked almost all of the pictures.  We spent too much money because we were so delighted with the pictures.

• Like 1

I had my family of 7 on a cruise in June. It was the first time I've gotten all of them together in 10 years, so I booked the photographer for a shoot.  He did a fantastic job. When I viewed the pictures, he had them arranged in a very nice book. I went ahead and bought a package costing $800 which included the photo book, USB with all the pictures and printing rights, and a large canvas print.  He threw in a 2nd large canvas print for us as well. I think if I had asked for some smaller prints, he would have thrown those in also, but I didn't think of it.

The first is the photo for the canvas print I kept. The 2nd one was for my middle son who was celebrating his honeymoon.

DS__0026.JPG

DS__0141.JPG

DS__0113.JPG

DS__0131.JPG

DS__0145.JPG

• Like 1

Mixed bag for us.  We declined the offer early on our Pride cruise 2 years ago.  On Formal Night after supper, we ran into one of the photographers who took us all around the ship taking photos.  The next day, we got the hard sell to buy the whole shebang at over $750.  There was no way we could afford that, and told them so.  We felt roped into the whole thing honestly.  We did end up purchasing 4 8 by 10's for about $150.  They threw in an extra, so we had 5.

When we picked up the folio on debark day, we didn't look at them since we had seen them all 2 nights earlier.  Upon arriving home, the orientation was completely opposite of what we viewed before purchase.  I immediately e mailed the ship asing for this to be corrected.  Took about 2 weeks but they did send us the correct photos.

• Like 1