Seattle lodging/tour recommendation

Cruising from Seattle in May.  Looking to tour a few days prior to cruise.  What are your recommendations for hotel/lodging on good tours?  Any comments on San Juan island tours?  

2 hours ago, Lmil said:

What are your recommendations for hotel/lodging on good tours?

Sort of hard to gauge without knowing what your budget is or preference in type of hotel. My wife's family is from Seattle so we often will sneak away downtown for a couple nights and usually splurge on a luxury property like the Four Seasons (which I think is the nicest hotel in town) or the Fairmont Olympic (which is a little less expensive but still on the higher side). But there are plenty of other hotels in town that fit all budgets. 

2 hours ago, Lmil said:

Any comments on San Juan island tours?  

The San Juans are beautiful and well worth visiting but be prepared that this will most likely eat up an entire day, and a long day at that. The trip we did left around 7:45am and didn't return until after 8pm. 

We just came back from Seattle and stayed at The Sound Hotel on 4th Ave. It is part of the Hilton group. Good location, prices were reasonable for Seattle in August. You can walk to the pier where many of the short tour cruises leave from.

The San Juan tours are great, but will pretty much take up the whole day. If you want to do an island on your own, take the State Ferry to Bainbridge Island. Another nice island, but I don;t of specific tours, is Whidbey Island. Closer than the San Juans.