Help! Greek Islands and Greek islands & Croatia?

wwiems23

I am trying to decide what cruise to take in September 2020. We like beaches/boats/adventure more than history/museums but would like to get a little bit of culture and history along the way.

Any recommendations on the below itineraries based on time of year and what we are looking for?

7 days: Venice/Italy, Kotor, Corfu, Athens/Piraeus, Mykonos, Argostolion, Venice/Italy

7 days: Venice/Italy, Split, Dubrovnik, Thira/Santorini, Katakolon, Venice/Italy

I would definitely go for the first itinerary. Kotor is beautiful and has a lot of history. Mykonos and Corfu could be beaches and boat adventures. Athens also has a lot of history and they have awesome day tours. We have never been to Argostolion.

Argostoli is on the beautiful island of Kefalonia. Lots to see and do.  It’s where Captain Cornelli’s Mandolin with Nicholas Cage was set and filmed. 

In Corfu, highly recommend the boat trip on Nautilus.  One of our best excursions ever! 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 1

7 days: Venice/Italy, Kotor, Corfu, Athens/Piraeus, Mykonos, Argostoli, Venice/Italy

Far better itinerary than the other one. A lot to see in those places.

Cultural & History: Venice, Corfu, Athens.

Natural Beauty & Scenery: Kotor, Mykonos, Argostoli.

Pretty balanced itinerary.

*Have a beach or a boat day in Argostoli. Kefalonia island has the best beaches in Greece.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

Thanks everyone! 

I also found this one on NCL, I would lose Athens but would get Santorini/Split instead.  Would you pick Santorini over Athens?

EMBARK Venice (Italy); Kotor (Montenegro); Corfu(Greece); Santorini (Greece); Mykonos (Greece); Argostoli, Kefalonia(Greece); Split (Croatia); DISEMBARK Venice (Italy)

Norwegian Dawn in my opinion has the best Greek Islands cruise because it includes the two best islands from the Aegean Sea (Santorini & Mykonos) and 2 best islands from the Ionian Sea (Corfu & Kefalonia).  Kotor has awesome scenery and Split is ok (I would prefer one with Dubrovnik instead). But I think NCL overall has the best itinerary on cruises from Venice.

As for Athens & Santorini it depends what you are really into... History or Scenery? Personally I prefer Athens cause of the museums and ruins.

and history, and because Santorini sometimes gets very crowded. But it's your choice! Hope I helped! 🙂

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

On 8/24/2019 at 12:52 PM, wwiems23 said:

I am trying to decide what cruise to take in September 2020. We like beaches/boats/adventure more than history/museums but would like to get a little bit of culture and history along the way.

Any recommendations on the below itineraries based on time of year and what we are looking for?

7 days: Venice/Italy, Kotor, Corfu, Athens/Piraeus, Mykonos, Argostolion, Venice/Italy

7 days: Venice/Italy, Split, Dubrovnik, Thira/Santorini, Katakolon, Venice/Italy

NCL had something very similar, took it this past summer; round trip out of Venice and instead of Athens had Santorini, and also added Dubrovnik and was nice NO sea days.   The only downside or possible improvement would have been more time in ports, but just enough to do beachs in  several of the iconic ports.  Having been to Athens was more than better swap for Santorini.  Yeah Santorini is a instagram / selfie type place with far less history than Athens but totally worth it.