Bonsai Sushi on Magic?

LMaxwell

What is the Sushi setup on Magic?  I believe it is not a permanent venue, but more like a pop-up Kiosk that they use in the evening?  Is that correct?  Is there a menu for the Kiosk?  I read somewhere the sushi is free, only beverages are charged for.  Is that accurate?  Would seem odd to me the sushi not having a charge.  Anyone that has been on Magic offer some comments on this? 

It isn't a pop-up thing, it is more like the coffee shop.  A counter that you walk up to.  It is located pretty close to the nightclub.  The sushi is NOT free.  I eat sushi a lot but wasn't sure about getting it on a cruise ship, not knowing how long ago that fish was caught since all the supplies come from the first location.  Also this was my first cruise so was trying to get by without paying for any additional food on the ship.  There were only a few options and I think I remember the price being around $3 a piece of the Nigiri style, not sure about the rolls.

Edited by Marauder40

I didn't see that on the Magic.  That doesn't mean I didn't miss it if they had a second location or it may have moved since two weeks ago when I was on the Magic, but the sushi location was on Deck 5 in between Red Frog Pub and the nightclub.

Edited by Marauder40
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Marauder40 said:

I didn't see that on the Magic.  That doesn't mean I didn't miss it if they had a second location or it may have moved since two weeks ago when I was on the Magic, but the sushi location was on Deck 5 in between Red Frog Pub and the nightclub.

yeah   that was wrong about it being on the lido deck   (it was a while ago but now  

Carnival Magic Sushi Bar

The Sushi Bar on the Carnival Magic is on deck 5 and is open from about 5:00 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. each evening. The sushi is complimentary; the saki comes with a fee

1 minute ago, serene56 said:

yeah   that was wrong about it being on the lido deck   (it was a while ago but now  

Carnival Magic Sushi Bar

The Sushi Bar on the Carnival Magic is on deck 5 and is open from about 5:00 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. each evening. The sushi is complimentary; the saki comes with a fee

The sushi wasn't free when I was on board. There were prices for both the rolls and the Nagri style sushi. No mention of them only charging for the saki.   I really doubt it was free because there was NEVER a line at the sushi bar.  If it was free I am sure the line would have been around the deck.  I honestly never saw anyone ordering, but the sushi chefs always seemed busy.

13 minutes ago, Marauder40 said:

The sushi wasn't free when I was on board. There were prices for both the rolls and the Nagri style sushi. No mention of them only charging for the saki.   I really doubt it was free because there was NEVER a line at the sushi bar.  If it was free I am sure the line would have been around the deck.  I honestly never saw anyone ordering, but the sushi chefs always seemed busy.

I agree with the completely. It was not free, as there was a sign (same as the picture above) with the prices. The chefs always seemed busy, but there not a ton of people there. It is in a high traffic area between the coffee shop and the night club on deck 5.