Port of Civitavecchia to train station

Karen Lynn

Getting from the port Civitavecchia  train station I know there’s a shuttle , and then a walk of a mile approx, not ideal.

I know there’s a bus , does it leave right from the port ?

I’m told cabs won’t accept the short commute to the station 

Anything I’m missing ?

I think in your message you mean "from the port Civitavecchia to the train station".

There is a shuttle service (free of charge in my case with Oceania cruises) from the ship which will drop you at the location where you can either walk or take a bus to the train station. 

The charge for this bus ride is 2 euros per person and the bus will drop you right at the train station. 

It appears to run frequently during days when cruise ships are in port.

This was my experience last month.

I hope you get a few responses.   I've read thru the Civi Port Mobility Guide and it still confuses me.

https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/largo-della-pace-service-center-port-civitavecchia

This is my intrepretation ..... the Port  provides a free  shuttle from the pier to LargoDellaPace, and from there you either ride the city bus (CSP) or the TrenItalia bus (PortLink) to the train station. Both cost 2E. 

If you buy your train ticket on the TrenItalia site you can include your Port Link bus fare as well, by indicating Porto Civi as your start/end point. This would saves you a trip to the tobaccanist to buy a bus ticket.

Initially I thought the PortLink bus was only for the Civi-Rome express train that runs 4 x day, but in re=reading the info it appears the PortLink bus can be booked in connection with any train.

1 hour ago, hxhbk said:

I think in your message you mean "from the port Civitavecchia to the train station".

There is a shuttle service (free of charge in my case with Oceania cruises) from the ship which will drop you at the location where you can either walk or take a bus to the train station. 

The charge for this bus ride is 2 euros per person and the bus will drop you right at the train station. 

It appears to run frequently during days when cruise ships are in port.

This was my experience last month.

Just trying to make it clear that the ship port is Civitavecchia and the train station is also   Civitavecchia and not Rome.

Crystal have told me about the shuttle from the ship to the port entrance..or gate 

Does the bus to the station take cash?

Anyone  know?

Edited by Karen Lynn

From the Civi Port Mobility link I posted earlier

One way ticket costs € 2.00 (luggage included).

Tickets are available at the service center Largo della Pace, at the pizzeria Mastro Titta (near Largo della Pace) and inside the ADM Terminal, at the news-stand and at the bar of Civitavecchia Train Station.

This issue has been handled in numerous posts but we shall do it again.  You have some options when going from ship to train station. The most common is to use the bus system.  You can get a free shuttle bus at the pier that will take you to a small transfer point at the Lago della Pace.  You might find yourself waiting near the pier for that shuttle bus or sitting on the shuttle bus waiting for it to fill.  This can cause some delay but the buses are decent coaches.  Once at the Lago della Pace transfer point you exit the bus and the purchase a ticket for 2Euros for a local bus that will take you directly to the train station.  Those local buses usually run quite often.  Yes, you could simply walk from the Lago della Pace area to the train station and it would probably take you about 15 minutes (it is less than a mile).

Another option is to walk from your ship to the train station (no buses).  Depending on your docking position this could be nearly 2 miles.  There is a marked walking route within the huge port and once you exit the port (at the old fortress exit) you just follow the street along the water until you reach the small station.

Hank

On 9/4/2019 at 4:38 PM, mapleleaves said:

This is my intrepretation ..... the Port  provides a free  shuttle from the pier to LargoDellaPace, and from there you either ride the city bus (CSP) or the TrenItalia bus (PortLink) to the train station. Both cost 2E. 

Just to clarify - the CSP bus and the PortLink bus are one in the same thing.  

• Thanks 1