Sky vs Sun

kapcruiser

I have sailed the Sun 4 times, once post-renovation. I only sailed the Sky once, but it was pre-renovation. They are pretty similar, but I think the Sun has a couple more specialty restaurant choices. The Sky's renovation looked like it rebranded a couple restaurants and bars - check the deck-plans on the website to be sure.  I know the Sun has Los Lobos and the Sky has The Local. Both have an observation lounge in the front, a Great Outdoors in the aft, and a full promenade deck for seaside strolls. The rooms are slightly different, so if you have something special in mind, again, check the deck plans. 

I've sailed on both post-renovations, and I feel they are pretty similar. 

One bigger difference is that the Sky has Starbucks and the Sugarcane Mojito Bar, and the Sun has more specialty dining restaurants.  While the Sun doesn't have The Local, the Sports Bar serves the same food.

We had a balcony room both times and I don't really remember any difference, except the Sun still has the old-school hair dryers on the wall, though I have heard that since they will also have a regular one in a drawer.

For me it would come down which port of departure was easiest for me to get to, and itinerary.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Debbie,

I'm cruising on this one in January.  One day we are going to have to hop on the same ship at the same time!  Let me know what you think if you end up on the Sun.  Tia really enjoyed her cruise on this ship in the spring and we found a great deal in January so away we go!