GTY Rooms and Muster Stations

dani242leaf

Ahoy everyone! This will be my first RC cruise in about a decade- super stoked. Going on Oasis out of Miami in December. We booked a GTY because it was almost $300 cheaper. I'm not anxious about where the room will be- I honestly don't care. You're never in your room! But I am curious where they will put us. We haven't been assigned a room yet, but we were assigned muster station G02. Does muster station assignment reflect where your room will be? If so, would anyone know how to find out what rooms muster station G02 serves? No idea how that works. Any info would be enlightening!

Edited by dani242leaf

Hi everyone! I have 3 inside guarantees on freedom on 10/27. We never do guaranty, but pretty much only thing available when we booked.  None show cabin numbers, but all show deck 6. My adult kids, husband and I have muster station b15 and my parents have Co8. Luggage tags look like kids and I may indicate mid and parents forward. Does anyone know if guaranty luggage tag pictures are accurate? I’m hoping my parents aren’t very far forward due to my father’s mobility issues. Would they let me switch my kid’s cabin with my parents if they are? we are all diamond and parents are diamond plus, but sounds like they don’t consider that at all when making assignments now. Any information appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

We booked oceanview balcony guaranty on Symphony for 10-5-19 sailing on 9-12-19 and up to today did not have assignment yet.  We were getting antsy.  TA got a call from RCCL today asking if we would take a Boardwalk balcony.  They offered to refund 50% of our Cruise fare and a $500.00 onboard credit.  Anyone ever hear of this before. We ended up taking deal.