NEW TO HAL

lolaletu

1 hour ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Plenty of place to sit/lie on the upper decks. Have you ever heard of a verandah cabin?

Come on Tennessee Titan. Many people do not have, nor prefer veranda cabins.  We have an aft veranda cabin &  I still need to get my cardio time in the fresh air during sea days or port days we stay on the ship. Not optional. People still enjoy a lounger away from others in the shade. 

I search for a promenade deck, and in looking at the pictures that were posted here, well, they make me happy. This is truly no hoax to many of us, and I am just not sure how it could be categorized as such. Oh well 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Vineyard View
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ronbe65 said:

A "Thermal Suite" pool on the recommended ships is not a hot tub. This is a high quality thalassotherapy pool.

Very few cruise lines, actually select ships, offer this level of thermal suite quality on board (neither "luxury" lines , nor RCI, Celebrity, MSC).

Celebrity's M-Class do have thalassotherapy pools in their solariums, and they're much larger than what HAL offers (also free to access).  I stand by my comment that HAL's hydro pools are not much more than glorified hot tubs.  They're not very big, and the spouts on the one on Nieuw Amsterdam in particular splash anyone near them to the point of annoyance if there are more than a couple people in the tub.  If someone said "I enjoy solariums," I would not try to push them in the direction of a facility that is not a typical solarium.  HAL has a small room with a big hot tub in it.

OK. M apologies to those of you I may have offended.

21 TA, 1 TP (and another coming), we walk a lot, Never had a problem walking in 68 days on the K and NS. Being able to sit on the promenade was nice though. I still would not condemn HAL over it though.

Verandahs - I choose my side carefully depending on the itinerary. Aft is good for most...