Infants and Mini Buses

voosman12

I am trying to figure out transportation options for a 9 month old who will be with us, as we won’t have a car seat. Are the mini buses just considered a commercial bus, therefore exempt from car seats requirements in the US? Would just need transportation to Horseshoe, and don’t want any surprises when trying to catch a ride via bus, mini bus, taxi, etc. Anyone have issues with infants?

Thanks!

The minibuses are exempt from Bermuda car seat requirements. Car seats are not required on the minibuses, on taxis or on the public buses. (Even if someone brought a car seat there would be no way to secure it on the minibuses or buses)

Been on minibuses to Horseshoe a bunch of times including 4 rides in June. My observation is there were infants and there were no issues. Also if an infant was held in a parent’s lap not taking up a seat the drivers of the minibuses that I took did not charge for the infant. 

Edited by Charles4515

10 hours ago, voosman12 said:

I am trying to figure out transportation options for a 9 month old who will be with us, as we won’t have a car seat. Are the mini buses just considered a commercial bus, therefore exempt from car seats requirements in the US? Would just need transportation to Horseshoe, and don’t want any surprises when trying to catch a ride via bus, mini bus, taxi, etc. Anyone have issues with infants?

Thanks!

Any transportation in Bermuda is exempt from the car seats requirements in the US, seeing that Bermuda is not in the US.

I would go with what Charles stated about the Bermuda requirements.

10 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The minibuses are exempt from Bermuda car seat requirements. Car seats are not required on the minibuses, on taxis or on the public buses. (Even if someone brought a car seat there would be no way to secure it on the minibuses or buses)

Been on minibuses to Horseshoe a bunch of times including 4 rides in June. My observation is there were infants and there were no issues. Also if an infant was held in a parent’s lap not taking up a seat the drivers of the minibuses that I took did not charge for the infant. 

Thank you Charles4515 for the feedback. I wouldnt think there would be an issue, but thought of asking the community if anyone know just in case. 

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Any transportation in Bermuda is exempt from the car seats requirements in the US, seeing that Bermuda is not in the US.

I would go with what Charles stated about the Bermuda requirements.

1025cruise, I will update my post (too late now) to include "like" the US, as I know that Bermuda is not in the US. That is what I meant in my post. 

Edited by voosman12