Bed placement on Nieuw Statendam

caribophile

For our next cruise, I am looking at midship balconies on the Nieuw Statendam. I have found that my motion sickness is mitigated by having the foot of the bed nearest to the ship's bow so that when I sit up in bed I am facing forward. Is there any way to determine the bed placement in specific staterooms?

6 minutes ago, swin26 said:

In 4135 the bed was in the opposite direction- feet towards the aft.  Don’t know about other cabins.  

Since you mention 4135, how obstructed was the view? Did you have any noise issues since it has a connecting door? We are booked in this exact cabin a few months from now! 

PS. OP: Sorry about the hijack 😉

First try going to hafacts.com/pinnacle-class/ to see if there is a picture of the room you are interested in that shows the door to the hallway.  The foot of the bed will be on the same side as the door, the head will be on the bathroom side.   For example, 4145 shows the door on the right and since it is on the starboard side of the ship that means the foot of the bed is forward. For an even numbered cabin (i.e. port side) if the door is on the right side the foot of the bed is aft.

Now, if there is no picture of the cabin you want, try to find one nearby.  Since the bathrooms are placed back-to-back going down the hall (to make the plumbing easier) the heads of the beds alternate going up and down the hall.  Swin26 said in 4135 the foot was aft, that means the foot is also aft in 4139, 4143, 4147, etc, and forward in 4137, 4141, 4145 etc.  That checks out with the picture from halfacts.

If you can't find a picture of a cabin nearby, go look closely at the deck plans. You can sometimes tell which side the hall door is on. It is on the left (aft) for 4135, 4139, 4143, etc and on the right for the cabins in-between - 4137, 4141, 4145, 4149 and so on.

Untitled.jpg.55129689e4a87e39db183b720b342142.jpg

Edited by catl331

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

Since you mention 4135, how obstructed was the view? Did you have any noise issues since it has a connecting door? We are booked in this exact cabin a few months from now! 

PS. OP: Sorry about the hijack 😉

We loved the cabin and tried to get it for our next cruise to Norway but it was booked.  The balcony is larger than others on the deck and the extra triangular portion is not obstructed. Yes the main part is partially obstructed, but mostly looking down.  Because it is in the bend, you are sheltered from the wind.  Also you have a great view of the promenade deck.   It is also under cover. The only noise we heard from the connecting door was one loud sneeze - but I was walking right in front of the door at the time.  Also the location is great for either the mid ship stairs or the aft stairs. Sorry I didn’t take pictures. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, swin26 said:

We loved the cabin and tried to get it for our next cruise to Norway but it was booked.  The balcony is larger than others on the deck and the extra triangular portion is not obstructed. Yes the main part is partially obstructed, but mostly looking down.  Because it is in the bend, you are sheltered from the wind.  Also you have a great view of the promenade deck.   It is also under cover. The only noise we heard from the connecting door was one loud sneeze - but I was walking right in front of the door at the time.  Also the location is great for either the mid ship stairs or the aft stairs. Sorry I didn’t take pictures. 

Thanks for the information! Can’t wait! 

Edited by Tapi

18 hours ago, catl331 said:

First try going to hafacts.com/pinnacle-class/ to see if there is a picture of the room you are interested in that shows the door to the hallway.  The foot of the bed will be on the same side as the door, the head will be on the bathroom side.   For example, 4145 shows the door on the right and since it is on the starboard side of the ship that means the foot of the bed is forward. For an even numbered cabin (i.e. port side) if the door is on the right side the foot of the bed is aft.

Now, if there is no picture of the cabin you want, try to find one nearby.  Since the bathrooms are placed back-to-back going down the hall (to make the plumbing easier) the heads of the beds alternate going up and down the hall.  Swin26 said in 4135 the foot was aft, that means the foot is also aft in 4139, 4143, 4147, etc, and forward in 4137, 4141, 4145 etc.  That checks out with the picture from halfacts.

If you can't find a picture of a cabin nearby, go look closely at the deck plans. You can sometimes tell which side the hall door is on. It is on the left (aft) for 4135, 4139, 4143, etc and on the right for the cabins in-between - 4137, 4141, 4145, 4149 and so on.

Untitled.jpg.55129689e4a87e39db183b720b342142.jpg

Complicated but I think I understand. Thanks! 

• Like 1