Portable locker for poolside & excursions

DebInAntigua

I’ve heard of portable lockers that you can use at the beach or pool that are attachable to furniture and waterproof. They are to store your small valuables while you swim (like your phone or tablet). Anyone here ever use one on a cruise? Any recommendations?

Edited by DebInAntigua

I use a Pacsafe cross body "sling pack".  It is an anti-theft small knapsack that has several features which are designed to deter or thwart thieves.  I have used it predominately for walking in urban environments  ie Rome, where there is a high incidence of pickpockets etc.

However it does have a few features which make it useful as a temporary safe locker and have used it when we are on tours to leave valuables on the bus. 

There are two reasons why I wouldn't use one of these "portable lockers", although I understand that some people have used them quite successfully. First, we are often on beaches where there are few or no solid attachment points to which one can lock the device. Secondly, all of the devices I've looked at are pretty flimsy and can be compromised quite easily. Personally, I think that they provide a false sense of security.

DW and I spend a lot of time on and in the water, sea kayaking, swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving. When cruising, we use a waterproof box that holds my iPhone, passports, credit cards, cash, drivers license (we often rent vehicles), keys and our sea passes. It becomes my "wallet" when on the beach and, no matter how long we are in the water, I don't need to worry about what might be happening on the beach.