Check-in Time with FTTF

estrawn

We have FTTF for 2 cabins on Horizon in December and as part of the check-in process I was asked to select a check-in time.  The earliest choice was 12:30.  I thought that with FTTF we could board as soon as the ship is open. Am I misunderstanding something? Having to wait until 12:30 to begin the check-in process at the pier would negate any FTTF advantage. 

With Faster to the Fun your board after Platinum and Diamond.  Really, you just get to board a bit earlier and move through the process slightly faster, the real perk is that you get your stateroom ready and your luggage will get there a bit earlier.  I have only done FTTF once when it first rolled out and we weren't traveling in a suite, the only thing that made it worth it was being able to go right to the stateroom.  We were only on board a few minutes before everyone else though.  

• Priority Check-in 
    Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise. 

• Guaranteed Stateroom 
    Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.
  • Express Luggage 
    Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!
  • Guest Services 
    You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.
  • Dining Reservations 
    Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).
  • Priority Water Shuttle Boarding 
    We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority water shuttle from the ship to shore.
  • Debarkation 
    We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

3 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

There is a priority line for people who purchase FTTF, so you can ignore the appointment time.  Whenever I purchase FTTF, I arrive between 10:15 and 10:30.  The FTTF logo should be on your boarding pass and you can show that to the employees at the priority line.

To complete your check in docs you have to have a check in time. From what I remember if you don’t pick a time one will be automatically added to your docs. Arrive anytime you like.