Any trouble obtaining Visa at port in Aqaba, Jordan?

I checked with Royal Caribbean to see if we needed to obtain a visa for Aqaba, Jordan prior to our cruise.  The customer service person said the ship would obtain them for the passengers, however, they could not guarantee the Visa would be approved before the debarkation at the port.  We have a excursion planned that will start shortly after our scheduled docking time.  Has anyone ever had an issue where their Visa wasn't ready by the time you docked?

16 minutes ago, dubaihammer said:

I have never heard of anybody having a problem getting the visas from the ship.

We had a fabulous tour to Petra. What an amazing place!

I agree.  We had no issues at Aqaba.  Many countries may give you a visa upon entry.   You just don’t go through a hugely elaborate process like for Russia and China.  Sometimes you don’t even realize they gave you a visa.

We went to Aqaba 2 years ago on Celebrity and did the ships tour to Petra. I can't even remember what happened so it must have been really simple. I'm pretty sure the ship took our passports at embarkation and we got them back when we reached Dubai for immigration there. The ship dealt with everything in between.

If you're docking in Jordan, you'll be fine. It's when you're crossing the land border (to/from Israel, Egypt, etc.) that things can get a little dodgy. I suspect the cruise line people just meant that sometimes there's a wait to clear everything with Jordanian immigration before passengers can disembark. Might want to doubt check with people in the departure forum to see if there's usually a delay, but your tour guide will probably be prepared.