Crossdressing?

Dell_and_Karen

Anyone have any issues with male-to-female crossdressing on the ships? I would of course be tasteful and mostly wear nice slacks, tops, heels at dinner. Possibly a skirt late at night in the dance clubs. If bold enough a bikini in a somewhat private/secluded area on deck.

When the other passengers pay for your cruise then they can put in their two cents on what you should wear. Until then, wear what you want darlin. As long as its tasteful why not?

As far as the bakini not sure what ship you are you going on, but Carnival does have adult only topless decks. I find these quite secluded and rarely are other passengers up there.

Do what you like. I am sure you wont hear anything most of us havent heard before.

ENJOY YOURSELF!

Tell us all about it when you get back. :)

Thank u for your kind and polite comment.

I'll be traveling with my friend Karen (natural female) so hopefully will blend in a little better. Me thinks I'll try not to girlie it up too much at first to see how it goes. Karen received tons of prudish comments on the "straight" site when inquiring on wearing a thong bikini in designated areas. Can you imagine being so uptight? LOL

Thanks so much,

Dell

Honey are you kidding? People on this board get their panties in a bunch over people wearing jeans within 100 yards of the formal dining room.

Do what you are comfortable with. Who knows it might be a more positive experience than you anticipated.

Again let us know all about it when you get back. It may help others with the same question but afraid to ask. :)

I also crossdress, and have done so on both Atlantis and RSVP cruises. Have gotten some disapproving looks, but no overt hostility. I plan to do so again on my forthcoming Atlantis cruise from Buenas Airies to Rio. To complicate matters, I'm older than dirt, and look like your kindly old grandmother on steroids. Did you know that there are crossdressing groups that go on cruises - if interested look for Absolute Best Cruises website. I've been on several of their cruises, and had a good time. They seem to book on straight cruises only. Dee

This is one subject that I was wondering when it would appear.

I do not cross dress and have always been amazed by those that do....and not in a costume clownish way...but serious down to the finest detail. I have seen on Atlantis and RSVP cruises the outlandish over the top outfits and garrish make up, but not the pass for the opposite gender serious dresser.

Although I do not understand it and its not mine to undersatnd, I gotta give credit to those that venture out into public....that takes big ----.

Einsam....will look for you on the Rio cruise...from your description I guess you will be easy to spot. Will you be going for the Evita look....I would think there will be a few other passengers dressing in this fashion, or for those of us of another generation....Carmen Miranda....

All I can say is have fun and enjoy.

The one thing that escapes me is that with all the gay charters and specialty cruises annually, no tour company has ever scheduled a cross dressing cruise. With all the open and closeted cross dressers, you would think you could fill up a charter. Even makeup companies could provide classes, product consignments etc. Heaven knows it would provide freedom for a week to those whose hobbies or way of life centers around cross dressing.

Imagine the competition on board......Alexis and Crystal duke it out with hair, nails, or gowns........what fun for the passengers.

TO THOSE THAT DO.....ENJOY, FOR LIFE IS ALL TOO SHORT

The only problem I see is if you decide to crossdress when you are off the ship. Especially if you are going to be in the Caribbean. It is not safe and you could be putting your life in jeopardy.

Just my opinion.

mcboo

Thanks to all for good info and support. It might take big **** to dress femme in public...but unfortunately makes it more difficult to tuck them away then. LOL

I appreciate the tip regarding safety and will be extra careful when on the islands and will probably wear just a touch of makeup and more unisex clothing.

A crossdressing cruise would be wonderful. Would be so nice wearing pretty evening gown with heels, going to the salon and having nails and makeup, laying out in a two piece bikini and not worry. Ahhhh...at least a girlie-man can dream!! :)

• 10 years later...

Well I have to say that on the lines that we have traveled recently (Cunard, Azamara, Seabourn, Crystal, Holland America), any obvious cross-dressing would be a big surprise and an item. I for one would love it as a courageous statement in a too-conformist environment. Emphasis on the courage! Subtle dress-up would probably go completely unnoticed. As a funny aside, on a recent cruise all of us gay boys mistook one of the performers as a drag queen. She had all the give-away looks, lots of make-up including pancake on her chest, too-big hair of an unnatural color, huge shoulders, big arms, everything big...but alas, she turned out to be a biological woman. Maybe a drag queen trapped in a hetero woman's body? She sang her heart out in all of the shows and danced with all the gay boys in the disco after. God bless her. It was all great fun. I wish you a happy and fun cruise and all the courage in the world to be who you are. Sometimes my husband and I feel as though we are breaking down barriers on our hetero conformist cruises, and we are just fine with that. Viva la difference!

I'm very sure that you wouldn't be the only person who has celebrated their birthday on a date other than the one stated on their birth certificate - for instance, our queen does it every year! :p

I do hope you are able to dress exactly as you like and have a fantastic cruise

(forgive me for encroaching on this area of the site when I am not LGBT, just having a look around ares I don't usually visit).

I do not cross dress and have always been amazed by those that do....and not in a costume clownish way...but serious down to the finest detail. I have seen on Atlantis and RSVP cruises the outlandish over the top outfits and garrish make up, but not the pass for the opposite gender serious dresser.

Although I do not understand it and its not mine to undersatnd, I gotta give credit to those that venture out into public....that takes big ----.

Einsam....will look for you on the Rio cruise...from your description I guess you will be easy to spot. Will you be going for the Evita look....I would think there will be a few other passengers dressing in this fashion, or for those of us of another generation....Carmen Miranda....

The one thing that escapes me is that with all the gay charters and specialty cruises annually, no tour company has ever scheduled a cross dressing cruise. With all the open and closeted cross dressers, you would think you could fill up a charter. Even makeup companies could provide classes, product consignments etc. Heaven knows it would provide freedom for a week to those whose hobbies or way of life centers around cross dressing.

Imagine the competition on board......Alexis and Crystal duke it out with hair, nails, or gowns........what fun for the passengers.

Yeah, maybe with the more visibility in the trans community something will happen.

I'm actually surprised that hasn't been done. I've done makeup classes for groups of crossdressers on how to hide beard shadow and achieving a natural look and they were the most appreciative group I ever was hired by. I think a charter cruise for them would be very well attended. The only thing I would wonder about is what the law are on the various islands. Some of them can be pretty backwards.

It has been done.

Peggy and Melanie Rudd of Houston used to organise these cruises - they used to have 5 or 6 sailings a year, called "Dignity Cruises". Unfortunately Melanie passed away in 2005 and I believe that Peggy's health wasn't good enough to continue her work. I've run into many people online who said they were wonderful cruises.

However, I see that someone else is setting up LGBT cruises: http://www.outtraveler.com/cruises/2014/08/06/newest-lgbt-cruise-sets-sail-transgender-travelers-taking-center-stage

It all depends on what you're looking for. Some crossdressers are looking for a different vibe than some transgender people... the trans folk I know tend to want to "pass" and go around unnoticed, and the crossdressers I know are a lot more flamboyant. But it takes all kinds :)

Several years ago on our Canadian cruise, there were two crossdressers on our cruise traveling together. One of them dressed to the nines all the time (Chanel, Manolo Blatnik,etc.) except for when they went ashore in Quebec....they greeted us at the bottom of the gangway in their male personnas and I didn't know who they were!:eek:

Friends were on a Princess cruise a year or two later and the fancy dresser was aboard also. During dinner one night, a table mate of our friends made a rude comment to which my friend stated something to the effect that the table mate wouldn't know the difference from a Channel to a Givenchy but obviously the crossdresser did and knew how to wear each.:eek:

I'm gay but I don't cross dress but man I was so mad one night being told to go change when going to the steak house on a carnival ship for wearing long shorts if I had a cute mini skirt and heels onboard I would have changed into that instead of changing into long pants just to say humph! right back at the maître d...some of the ladies were wearing the same thing! Only when they wear them they're called "capris" and their flip flops are called "sandals" or "flats". I looked better than the women did but I had to go and put pants on. You go right ahead and wear whatever the heck you want!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm very sure that you wouldn't be the only person who has celebrated their birthday on a date other than the one stated on their birth certificate - for instance, our queen does it every year! :p

I do hope you are able to dress exactly as you like and have a fantastic cruise

(forgive me for encroaching on this area of the site when I am not LGBT, just having a look around ares I don't usually visit).

you don't have to be lgbt to enter this zone Slugsta,so welcome,in fact we think its fantastic that you have

• 3 weeks later...
I'm gay but I don't cross dress but man I was so mad one night being told to go change when going to the steak house on a carnival ship for wearing long shorts if I had a cute mini skirt and heels onboard I would have changed into that instead of changing into long pants just to say humph! right back at the maître d...some of the ladies were wearing the same thing! Only when they wear them they're called "capris" and their flip flops are called "sandals" or "flats". I looked better than the women did but I had to go and put pants on. You go right ahead and wear whatever the heck you want!

You should have!

I have been told by several women they are jealous of my legs in general, then when they see then jacked up on heels and butt popped out... they get even more pea green with envy ... LOL I still need to go dress shopping ... IDK what I want to wear...

• 3 weeks later...
Honey are you kidding? People on this board get their panties in a bunch over people wearing jeans within 100 yards of the formal dining room.

Do what you are comfortable with. Who knows it might be a more positive experience than you anticipated.

Again let us know all about it when you get back. It may help others with the same question but afraid to ask. :)

Totally agree with your comment and suggestions! :)