Princess in australia

HCI

14 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not that I have ever seen , in addition it is usually the same price pre-purchased or purchased on board.

Mic, the Personaliser software bug combined with the USD/AUD exchange rate means it is often dearer online. There has been some discussion elsewhere claiming Princess is now refusing to refund the difference between the erroneous online price and the actual price.

Re OBC, I have 625 pounds for Arcadia cruise next March, Singapore to Southampton, that is promotional obc and defence benefit obc.   Yesterday I purchased 5 shorex on P&O UK cruise personaliser.  I had to pay up front with my visa card for those, P&O UK do not use your obc until you actually get on board and purchase something.  Unlike Princess etc where your obc is hit first re shorex etc.   But with P&O UK we do get 8.5% loyalty discount on purchases including the shorex I purchased yesterday, as am Mediterranean level.

It makes one wonder why the various Carnival bran cruise lines have different policies re obc payments etc.

Edited by NSWP

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Re OBC, I have 625 pounds for Arcadia cruise next March, Singapore to Southampton, that is promotional obc and defence benefit obc.   Yesterday I purchased 5 shorex on P&O UK cruise personaliser.  I had to pay up front with my visa card for those, P&O UK do not use your obc until you actually get on board and purchase something.  Unlike Princess etc where your obc is hit first re shorex etc.   But with P&O UK we do get 8.5% loyalty discount on purchases including the shorex I purchased yesterday, as am Mediterranean level.

It makes one wonder why the various Carnival bran cruise lines have different policies re obc payments etc.

They are all different as they are different companies brought into the fold at various times. Some reciprocity across the lines would be good in one way but would also flood the market and diminish the perks.

On 10/8/2019 at 12:36 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've never seen any discounts on drinks packages. Note: there is a bug in the online purchase software so best to buy drinks packages onboard.

So the price can actually be less than what it shows online, if you purchase onboard? We are cruising next month and because the exchange rate is so good right now I was thinking of purchasing ahead of time.

7 hours ago, sdonlon13 said:

So the price can actually be less than what it shows online, if you purchase onboard? We are cruising next month and because the exchange rate is so good right now I was thinking of purchasing ahead of time.

The price onboard is AU $86.99. 

If you're coming from the US I'm not sure what sort of price you'll see on your personaliser. Do you see an AUD rate? Or a USD rate? Also the exchange rate Princess uses is usually set for each particular cruise at the time you book, at least that's how it works here in AUS for USD currency cruises. Again, I'm not sure whether that applies to bookings made out of Australia.

When you settle your account at the end of a cruise always have it charged in the ship's currency, not converted to your currency. That way your bank or credit card company does the conversion and it will be at the current rate of the day.