EDGE dining room questions

Cruisegirl6

Would you believe it took us to get to 94 cruises (this December) to finally try Celebrity!!??  My question, we could not get reservations for the Rooftop for when we are docked in San Juan late one evening and I wanted to go to the steakhouse four times but was only able to get dining for two evenings....we will havea lunch at Raw on Five and we decided the Bistro was not for us because we don't feel like waiting for everybody to finish their course to get to the next course and Eden we will decide whether we want to try it when we get on the ship.  My question, which is your favorite dining room and why?

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Would you believe it took us to get to 94 cruises (this December) to finally try Celebrity!!??  My question, we could not get reservations for the Rooftop for when we are docked in San Juan late one evening and I wanted to go to the steakhouse four times but was only able to get dining for two evenings....we will havea lunch at Raw on Five and we decided the Bistro was not for us because we don't feel like waiting for everybody to finish their course to get to the next course and Eden we will decide whether we want to try it when we get on the ship.  My question, which is your favorite dining room and why?

I think the title  here may  get your question  confused the the recent active thread about the  diff EDGE main dining rooms  ..

we were on EDGE but dined in BLU..so we did not try  the others.. Fine Cut is suppposed to have the best food but they monkeyed with our res so we cancelled  We also cancelled the Rooftop Grill due to reports of wind blowing food..( they have now put up wind panels)

When we return on EDGE  in a few weeks we will have the 3 mdrs but will be trying  other places for lunch!

I am sure others will post good info

Edited by hcat

We have dined in all of the Edge specialty dining venues and our favorite for dinner was the Fine Cut Steakhouse. The bone in filet mignon was excellent all 3 times we ate there. The scallops appetizer was also excellent. The restaurant is above the Grand Plaza, which can get noisy at night, so I would ask for a table further in - we didn't really have a problem with noise when we dined there, though others have reported it.

Le Grand Bistro was an amazing restaurant for lunch (also has brunch a few days a week). The food, service and ambiance were excellent - it was actually my favorite restaurant overall. Hopefully they will do dinner there some day when Le Petit Chef runs its course.

Le Petit Chef is a fun experience with food that was very good, though you do run the risk of having some slow eaters. We didn't really notice the two times we were there - we drank wine and chatted until the next course, as we would in a restaurant where there was a bit of a time lag between courses.

Eden's food was amazing - the price just dropped to $55 so we booked again on the Apex. There have been reports of a potential 15 item tasting  menu for the Apex - not sure if Edge will change also. They have modified the menu over time a bit. Your plan to wait and see onboard may be a good plan, though I'm not sure about availability once you board. You could always book a date and cancel within 24 hrs of time, if needed.

I agree with your choice to do lunch at Raw on 5 - they might even park the Magic Carpet there so that you could have lunch out there in good weather. You could also do Rooftop Garden Grill for lunch - that's what we did and had a great time.

As soon as you board, I would go to the specialty dining table and try to book the ones you were unable to get online. They only sell a certain number of each dining time pre-cruise, so may have a slot for you, but you will need to get there ASAP. On our last Edge cruise, they were completely sold out on embarkation.

Here is a thread that goes over the Edge dining venues and has some pictures. It might be helpful.

I would love to try the specialty dining and the EDGE main dining rooms but I have to request a Special Diet because of my seafood allergy.  We reserved as early dining in the main dining room.  Will we be able to experience any of the dining rooms with that restriction?