Miami car rental after cruise

SlipperyP

My flight after my cruise is at 8:30pm.  So, I’m looking to rent a car after the cruise to putter around town.  Does anyone know which company (and location) offers free shuttle pick up from the port of Miami?

Thanks!

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer shuttles between their MIA airport location and the port.  Hertz, Avis and others downtown are closer to the port, usually offer shuttles, but are sometimes overwhelmed by cruisers leading to delays.

If you do not need the car look at storing your bags at the Luggage Lounge in South Beach or try  www.resortpass.com for hotels and resorts offering day passes to their spa, pool and beach facilities.

3 hours ago, JohninDC said:

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer shuttles between their MIA airport location and the port. 

thanks for your reply.  Do you find that there is a company whose shuttles run more frequently than the others?  To get on the shuttle at the port of Miami, is confirmation of my car rental sufficient, or do I need to arrange port pick up with them prior? 

The free shuttles pass by all the terminals until they are full for transportation back to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. It’s not necessary to contact the individual company for transportation. Some drivers in some cases will ask to see you car reservation paperwork before they allow you on the shuttle. That’s done because many cruise passengers are looking for free transportation back to MIA. The five companies that provide free shuttle service are Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar and Thrifty. Avis, Budget and Hertz have downtown locations that are very close to the Port Of Miami.