Thermal Suite Couples Pass on RCCI

ncnickel

Hey Wondering if anyone has additional experience with this. I saw it come up on our cruise planner and I"m trying to decide whether or not it is worth it.Also this is how it is described (see below).

Thermal Suite Couples 7-Day Pass
SPA FACILITY
DURATION: 15 MINUTES

Our Thermal Suite 7-day couples pass is a sensory experience where hot and cold fuse to…

From*$199.00USD Adult

When I went to book it, I was only able to select 1 person (not both of us). The price saying "From $199.00 USD Adult AND that I could only select one member of our party (not both of us) made me worried it was 199 PER PERSON which would be FAR too expensive. Even at 200 for a couple it seems a bit much but I could see how it is worth it. Feedback appreciated!

7 hours ago, ncnickel said:

Hey Wondering if anyone has additional experience with this. I saw it come up on our cruise planner and I"m trying to decide whether or not it is worth it.Also this is how it is described (see below).

Thermal Suite Couples 7-Day Pass
SPA FACILITY
DURATION: 15 MINUTES

Our Thermal Suite 7-day couples pass is a sensory experience where hot and cold fuse to…

From*$199.00USD Adult

When I went to book it, I was only able to select 1 person (not both of us). The price saying "From $199.00 USD Adult AND that I could only select one member of our party (not both of us) made me worried it was 199 PER PERSON which would be FAR too expensive. Even at 200 for a couple it seems a bit much but I could see how it is worth it. Feedback appreciated!

The website does the same when trying to book Bungalows and the like at Labadee etc - we think that it's asking for the people who're are using it, when it really just wants to know who is booking it - with of course the option to book a second one for big families/groups on a cruise together etc

I nearly fainted when booking our bungalow last year ha ha - I soon figured it out, so you're not the first one to see it like that

Years ago when we tried out Oasis and Allure, we went to the spa on embarkation day and purchased the couples pass for the thermal suite. It was $199 plus the ever-present 15% (is it 18% now?) gratuity for the two of us. Compared to the generous locker rooms and large free saunas/steam rooms on some of RCI's other ships, the thermal suites on Oasis/Allure are a disappointment, and not just because of the cost. The facilities are relatively small and awkwardly designed, and if there are more than a few people in the thermal suite, it gets loud (there's nothing to dampen the sound) and can get cramped. It is mixed sexes, so bathing suits must be worn (which is pretty gross in a steam room or sauna), and couples tend to be chatty. The specialty showers can be enjoyable (mist/rain/thunderstorm/waterfall effects), and the heated ceramic lounges are nice, as long as people don't decide to use them to hold their spa robes and other stuff while in the sauna. You have to be careful in the steam room because of the steam jets under the seating--your legs will get scalded if you're sitting where the steam comes out. And lastly, the men's locker room is small and gets crowded if there are three guys in there, practically, and it is well down the hall from the thermal suite. But all of that said, if I were stuck on an Oasis-class ship, I'd still get the thermal suite pass because we really love to include the sauna/steam room as part of our daily gym routine and post-workout relaxation. You just have to find the times when the thermal suite is not so crowded or noisy.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it's different prices on different ships, but here is what is available for my trip on Radiance of the Seas. If you've booked, go to your account, then plan my cruise, then spa/fitness and scroll down. Has anyone done it on Radiance of the Seas and can you tell me if the shower is a public shower or private shower? I read on another cruiseline that you have to wear a swim suit in the shower area because it's coed and public. That may make the difference on whether I'd book or not! Thanks!image.png.65b0a346520d746e9f1749227c788e49.png

On Royal, the thermal suites are mixed-sex and bathing suits must be worn. Layouts vary by ship, and I haven't specifically seen the one on Radiance. There may be some privacy in the showers in the thermal suite, but not always enough for nudity. There should be separate men's and women's locker rooms in the spa with showers where nudity is ok, and I believe that Radiance also has a sauna/steam room in the changing rooms for the fitness center, and these facilities are single-sex and towels/nudity would be permitted.