Card slot inside door for lights,power on Meda!lion Ships??

tabprincess

48 minutes ago, voljeep said:

if that is true about the a/c and heating ... our card is never coming out .. but we will turn off the lights... when the party is over

Just off Royal, yes the slot was repopulated with a card.  Occasionally we or the steward pulled it out at an angle - even then the A/C continued to work.  In a great many European hotels though pulling the card out does in fact kill the HVAC.

We were just off the Regal.   There was a pre positioned card in the slot.  We pulled it out so it rested at an angle when we left the room.  That shut off all the room lights.  It seems like the AC stayed on.  Return to the room, drop the card in vertically and the lights immediately came on if we had left the switch on.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:14 AM, Daniel A said:

The last time we sailed on Regal, we used an old card in the slot.  While we were out, the steward kept removing the card and placing it on the desk.  :classic_angry: 

I just pull the card that I'm using in the slot out and put it back in at an angle. That way the lights don't get used and when we come back into the room I just put it back into the slot the regular way so that the lights can come on as they normally would. Never had the steward bother the card at all. If he did, I'd just ask him to leave it where I had left it but to put it at an angle so I didn't have to hunt up the card.

Tom