Internet Questions

luvsun22

Is cost for an internet package higher if you wait to purchase onboard?  

I’m also wondering how internet is on the Constellation? I’m thinking of just the Surf package, I have no plans for streaming, FaceTime, etc. 

Thanks! 

I believe you get a 10% discount when buying it in advance via the Cruise Planner.

If you are a Captain's Club member, you will get a percentage discount or actual free minutes of internet, depending on your member level. You have to call to buy internet with this discount, however.

Quality of the internet connection has been varied between ship and individual users, but in general it is fine for lighter tasks such as social media websites, news websites etc.

• Like 1

The internet quality tends to vary by location and sailing, rather than by ship.  We have had various quality connections on different cruises, even on the same ship.  It also can vary by your location on the ship - depending how close you are to the various boosters placed around the ship (or whatever the technical name is), as well as time of day because of how many other cruisers may be online.  Generally you can get decent connection to do email and browse the internet.  Best connections tend to be in ports while everyone else is out on land.  Worst connections tend to be mid-day on sea days when many people are using the internet (also the afternoon and evening before disembarkation as people are checking into their airlines)

• Like 1