FINALLY booked a cruise!

tjandluke

After many years of land travel and trying to fit a cruise in around school, life and a supremely busy teen I have finally managed to get it together and find a date that suits everyone (well its only the teen and I- but he is the difficult one).

Booked 27th March 2021- yes its a long way off to Asia. 

Its an Easter cruise and teen will have his birthday on board- funnily enough he had his 7th birthday on board too. 

Well, if possible, I would book another cruise with another cruise line.or even a different Costa ship.  You may see from my other posts on deployment changes - Costa change a lot!!

We had the maiden Costa Smeralda sailing booked - that was cancelled.

We booked New Year's Eve on Smeralda, embark on 31.12.20 - that was changed to embarkation on 1.1.21 (the whole point was to have NYE on board!).

I booked the Costa Luminosa for my birthday 27th March 2021!! - that too was cancelled.

Luckily, we had the MSC Virtusoa booked for Christmas 2020 before the prices increased.  Left to Costa, we would have had to book the MSC cruise at double the cost!

Is there another itinerary you could book with a refundable deposit - just in case!!

Yes Im aware that Costa change things up quite regularly. Im aware that they are also known to cancel. They been doing it for years. At this point there is nothing else around that suits us- either date wise or itinerary wise. 

If its a cancel its a cancel... We have been to all the ports before except for the one stop in Cambodia and to be honest we not really that thrilled by that one anyway. 

This is more a trip to get away and to recharge rather than see new places. 

Flights and hotels not even thought about as yet- well thought about but certainly not booked... 

I have an excellent travel insurance policy that will cover any cancellation if needed. 

If we have to we will just skip the cruise... and do land based instead. 

On 10/23/2019 at 1:39 PM, tjandluke said:

After many years of land travel and trying to fit a cruise in around school, life and a supremely busy teen I have finally managed to get it together and find a date that suits everyone (well its only the teen and I- but he is the difficult one).

Booked 27th March 2021- yes its a long way off to Asia. 

Its an Easter cruise and teen will have his birthday on board- funnily enough he had his 7th birthday on board too.

A voice from the past, Tanja the prodical daughter has returned to the fold.

Good to hear from you, Tanja, you are saying Luke is now a teenager. Oh my, I thought it was only a year ago that he had his 7th. birthday, how time flys.

So you are booked on the Costa Mediterranea, my favourite Costa ship. I am sure you will not be the subject of any cancellations. Why, the Mediterranea together with her sister ship Atlantica have both been sold to a Chinese company, so after Mediterranea season in Singapore (Spring 2021) it will be leaving the Costa fleet.

Cheers 🍻

Ron

Hi Ron,

It feels like yesterday.... Luke is now a towering 14 year old... he is taller than I am and Im not short! 

Yes its the Mediterranea for us. Got what seems like a great deal.... we start and finish in Singapore with a stop back in the middle so the way I look at it I can fit in Singapore Chili Crab 3 times. 

Hi Riana,

Yes FINALLY! Its been a long time coming- We just could not make it fit before. Teen swims very seriously and any holidays need to be slotted around training/ competition schedules. But this actually works!