Worth it to upgrade from 2 balconies to the Haven 2 bedroom?

townsla

On 11/1/2019 at 11:12 AM, townsla said:

We are frequent cruisers but have never cruised on NCL.  We currently have 2 connecting balcony cabins booked for our family of 4. (Kids are 13 and 10.)  The cost for our family of 4 to upgrade to a Haven 2 bedroom suite would be an extra $1,500 total.  Is the Haven worth the extra money? Are there other kids in the Haven?

We have two adjoining balconies on the Bliss in a few weeks. Just curious how you upgraded. I kept looking at available Haven rooms for our sailing but Everything has been sold out. Did they offer you a new room? I didn’t want to risk offering a bid and just having just one room winning an upgrade. Thanks 

On 11/2/2019 at 8:27 AM, Pookie092403 said:

Question? I thought only one room can move up and the other room doesn’t get to go? We sail connecting or side by side balconies and we were told if we upgrade, the room that upgrades is the only one allowed to go. So the other room would have to stay in the balcony.

In my situation it was not an upgrade bid. I switched before final payment was due.

17 hours ago, kattlinx13 said:

We have two adjoining balconies on the Bliss in a few weeks. Just curious how you upgraded. I kept looking at available Haven rooms for our sailing but Everything has been sold out. Did they offer you a new room? I didn’t want to risk offering a bid and just having just one room winning an upgrade. Thanks 

I upgraded before final payment so it wasn’t an upgrade bid.  I think my sailing isn’t doing well. There were at least 8 2 bedroom villas available, and final payment is next week.

On 11/1/2019 at 12:42 PM, townsla said:

Ya'll are horrible influences because I pulled the trigger.  I figured I would kick myself for not taking this when I had a chance.  I've decided to not tell my family and just surprise them when we board.  

Worst thing you could have done.  The 1st time we sailed in the Haven it was pay for 2 and anyone else was free (We have 4 kids) So the cost for the Haven was cheaper than 2 balconies for us at the time of this special.  Including something ridiculous like 400$ of OBC and specialty meals.

So we get onto the ship and walk into our Haven room and right from the go, the kids are waited on hand and foot the whole time.  Butler -  "Whats that?  You would like a bowl of Gummy Bears?  Certainly!  How about a bowl of MM's to go with that?"  "Your parents are at dinner?  Ill bring you movies and unlimited popcorn while your parents are gone."  We would go to a show and it was a line of people on standby for seating...   Concierge walks up out of nowhere and says "Follow me" to the choice seats in the middle of the theater and asks "Can I get you a drink".  There were no more reservations at a restaurant we wanted to try and the line was 20 people long.  We walk up to the hostess and she sees that we have Haven cards and she goes "Follow me".  And we get seated immediately.  

For breakfast I had filet mignon and eggs everyday.   For lunch we could pretty much get whatever we asked for.  They used to have a shrimp burger and pretzel bun and if they have it you can get it.  After a long day of hiking and running around in the sun we get back t the ship exhausted and see a line of 400 or so people waiting to board.  Again out of nowhere our concierge comes up to us and says "follow me" right onto the ship.  We get back to our room and there are bowls of gummy bears, M&M's and plates of sandwiches and drinks for the kids. 

Now all I do is think about how to get back into the Haven.  Hours of my life wasted as I try to relive the dream.  Never have I seen that sale or pricing again.  I don't think I could get on an NCL ship now and not be in the Haven and if i did I would constantly be staring up at the Haven knowing what happens behind those doors.  Kicking myself for not paying the extra dollars while standing in a line.

It's awful.  You'll see.  You'll come back here and tell me I was right.  It's like crack cocaine.  It'll ruin you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, wilmingtech said:

Worst thing you could have done.  The 1st time we sailed in the Haven it was pay for 2 and anyone else was free (We have 4 kids) So the cost for the Haven was cheaper than 2 balconies for us at the time of this special.  Including something ridiculous like 400$ of OBC and specialty meals.

So we get onto the ship and walk into our Haven room and right from the go, the kids are waited on hand and foot the whole time.  Butler -  "Whats that?  You would like a bowl of Gummy Bears?  Certainly!  How about a bowl of MM's to go with that?"  "Your parents are at dinner?  Ill bring you movies and unlimited popcorn while your parents are gone."  We would go to a show and it was a line of people on standby for seating...   Concierge walks up out of nowhere and says "Follow me" to the choice seats in the middle of the theater and asks "Can I get you a drink".  There were no more reservations at a restaurant we wanted to try and the line was 20 people long.  We walk up to the hostess and she sees that we have Haven cards and she goes "Follow me".  And we get seated immediately.  

For breakfast I had filet mignon and eggs everyday.   For lunch we could pretty much get whatever we asked for.  They used to have a shrimp burger and pretzel bun and if they have it you can get it.  After a long day of hiking and running around in the sun we get back t the ship exhausted and see a line of 400 or so people waiting to board.  Again out of nowhere our concierge comes up to us and says "follow me" right onto the ship.  We get back to our room and there are bowls of gummy bears, M&M's and plates of sandwiches and drinks for the kids. 

Now all I do is think about how to get back into the Haven.  Hours of my life wasted as I try to relive the dream.  Never have I seen that sale or pricing again.  I don't think I could get on an NCL ship now and not be in the Haven and if i did I would constantly be staring up at the Haven knowing what happens behind those doors.  Kicking myself for not paying the extra dollars while standing in a line.

It's awful.  You'll see.  You'll come back here and tell me I was right.  It's like crack cocaine.  It'll ruin you.

And YMMV on service, widely.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:57 AM, wilmingtech said:

Treated my wife on out second cruise to the Haven, now she won't go back.