Music Entertainment Questions

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

My sister/brother in law were on the Equinox two months ago and said there were nice bands playing up to date music and they loved it.  They are currently on the Edge now doing the transatlantic sailing, they said the music is very low key, a piano player and just a duo, soft quiet type music.

I am also booked on the Edge for December 15th, it will be my first Celebrity cruise but my 93rd cruise, as other cruise lines rotate their music Venus generally every six months, my question is does Celebrity change the music bands/venues and how often?  I would assume when the Edge gets back to Florida next week that perhaps they will have a change of bands?  Would anybody know anything about this?  Also, doesn't the cruise directors rotate ships?

I believe I actually responded to this already - perhaps on a Facebook post?  Anyway, there is not always a set schedule.  I have talked with musical acts who were on for a couple of weeks, and some that were sailing for months.  There is really no set schedule that I am aware of.  There is no way to know if the Edge will be changing musicians, other than if someone onboard now has spoken with them about it.  I have been on B2B sailings where sometimes the music stayed exactly the same and sometimes where some acts changed and some stayed.  I have never been on a B2B where all the music changed (although I have done fewer than 10 of them).

As to cruise directors, yes they do change ships.  I don't know the length of their contracts, and even if you did know, you would need to know when they started to find out when they were leaving.  

Hello,

I am sorry, I haven't followed all your posts, its possible you did mention it somewhere here.  Wouldn't the musicians themselves know when they are moved and I would assume given notice.  I wonder if the current musicians on board know if they will continue performing on the Edge or they may move to another ship.  

I am hoping there be a more upbeat music venue in the centrium and or Eden by December 15th, when I will take my cruise.

Happy sailing, enjoy, my sister/brother in law are on the ship and as usual they said Celebrity's food is the best.