Princess US$ Exchange Rate

Fletch1

Greetings, 

Does anybody know the current exchange rate for the US$ V AUD$ on board Princess ships? And if this still exists? 

I remember a few years ago, Princess altered their exchange rate twice per year, regardless of what was happening on the money market day to day. This was sometimes beneficial for us Aussies, or not so good!

Thanks in advance. 

Following: my PCP just gifted me $25USD on next week's Melbourne layover then to Auckland cruise but the rest of my OBC is in A$. How does it convert. Just curious 

Edited by Ombud

It does vary but I'm not sure how often it changes these days. It does stay the same for the life of your booking though. Look in your personalizer for the onboard credit purchase price. The three values, which will be odd amounts in AUD, are based on US $25, $50 and $100. From this you can calculate the exchange rate applicable to your booking. 

For example a cruise I booked last month is showing AU $145 so the exchange rate is 0.6896

Another cruise that I've had booked for some time is AU $140 so 0.7243

11 minutes ago, datone said:

I just purchased some OBC last week and paid Aus $140 for US $100.   Better than the currency exchange places.   I booked the cruise back in May.

That's a good rate at the moment. Princess exchange rates can work favourably sometimes. Every little bit helps on a USD cruise. 😉

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's a good rate at the moment. Princess exchange rates can work favourably sometimes. Every little bit helps on a USD cruise. 😉

I would agree with that. Thanks for the replies.