Musica dry-dock

Beamafar

Does anyone know when Musica is going into dry-dock?  She's being re-furbished and the cabins are being re-categorised.  There are new deck plans valid from Summer 2020.

I've had a look at the crew-center website, but Musica is not listed on it.

Edited by Beamafar

Thanks, Dave.  We're looking at an itinerary for 2021, but the Aurea Suites haven't been released and the rep is trying to sell me an Aurea balcony that is currently a Bella one.  There is no sofa indicated on the 2020 deck plans for the Aurea cabin so I'm reluctant to commit.  Plus, the 20% rebate from our Meraviglia cruise is not showing in the system so I'm not sure if they'll allow me to use it against this as it's a VCS 5+10% discount one, despite the fact that there weren't any T&Cs mentioned onboard Mera, nor are there any stated in the letter from the captain.

The price for the cruise I'm looking at is higher in the VCS section of the website than in the main area, so I'd only be saving €26 in total by getting the extra 10% discount (on top of the VC regular 5%), plus €100 OBC.  If I can't apply the rebate to it, I will only be at the loss of €126, anyway, by booking at the regular website price.

9 hours ago, sidari said:

Bea ... I think it is already there, saw something a few days ago.

I've just seen that Musica is on the way to Buenos Aires.  She left Barcelona today and the next POC is Cadiz.

Looks like dry-dock will be when she gets back from SA in the Spring (unless she's already been refurbished) 🤔

Edited by Beamafar

Cruise Line: MSC Crociere
Built: 2006
Capacity: 2,550 Passengers
Estimated Drydock Spend: $40 Million
Drydock Facility: Chantier Naval de Marseille (Marseille)
Period: Oct. 19 to Nov. 12

The MSC Musica is currently in one of the drydocks of the Chantier Naval de Marseille in France.

The first Musica-class vessel was built in 2006 and is undergoing scheduled maintenance and getting an exhaust gas cleaning system as well.

The 90,000-ton vessel is also being prepared to cross the Atlantic and operate another season in South America. Previously, it had last been drydocked in Nov. 2016.

• Like 1