Aft facing balcony on HAL Koningsdam to Alaska

Kfrech

Thanks to all the fabulous information I've gathered from these boards, I just upgraded our cabin selection to an aft facing balcony on our inside passage cruise, round trip from Vancouver in June. I can hardly wait!

Thank you to all that contribute to these boards--you truly are a wealth of information

Good choice.  You can relax on your balcony and enjoy Glacier Bay without competing with the crowds at the railings, not compete for public restrooms and lose your spot at the railings, be a few feet from the warmth of your stateroom, a phone call away from Room Service, a few feet from snacks kept in your minibar, and you can capture photos of the scenery on both sides of the ship. 

Enjoy your cruise and take advantage of the free NY Pizza & Deli on Deck 10 overlooking the indoor pool:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/NY-Deli-Pizza.pdf

Edited by Crew News

• 4 weeks later...

I was just coming here to ask for advice about aft balconies. Obviously, a balcony seems like a must for an inside passage Alaska cruise. The sailing we are looking at is on the Ruby Princess on August 29th. The cost to upgrade from a normal balcony to an aft balcony is only $160 per person. Is it safe to assume that an aft balcony for an Alaska sailing would be well worth the extra cost?