Upper berth or convertible sofa bed?

21 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

If a child, they enjoy the upper berth.  If a teen or adult, the sofa bed.

I agree, unless it is a young child.  Then you might feel more comfortable having them use the sofa bed.  This is a personal opinion, but if the ocean is rockin' and rollin' I think the sofa bed feels 'safer'.  Not that anyone would ever fall out of the bunk bed, but I have slept up there on those seas and it was harder to relax and fall asleep in seas like that - at least for me.

By the pictures that I saw the sofa bed looked kind of short.

we are 3 women, 5'5'', 5'7''...  Also, because I haven't seen any pictures of an OV set up for three people, I am having a hard time figuring the position of the beds )when they are separated) and where is the sofa bed.  We don't want to block the way to the bathroom...

2 hours ago, 250373 said:

By the pictures that I saw the sofa bed looked kind of short.

we are 3 women, 5'5'', 5'7''...  Also, because I haven't seen any pictures of an OV set up for three people, I am having a hard time figuring the position of the beds )when they are separated) and where is the sofa bed.  We don't want to block the way to the bathroom...

It would help if we knew what ship you are sailing on.  M class and S class have different configurations

My 30 something daughter slept in the upper berth on Millennium and HATED it. VERY thin mattress made it VERY hard !!!

She has also slept on the sofa bed on S class ships and although her feet go into the adjoining bed was MUCH more comfortable.

16 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

When it is closer to your cruise, try bidding on a sky suite.  Much more room for three and great perks   Enjoy

Well, I have already spent more than I should have... The price of the plane tickets were insane from Canada to San Juan (and the flight schedule terrible) but we really like the itinerary of the cruise and we like X more than the other cruise lines.

I think we will have to keep its small and cozy! Lol!

3 minutes ago, 250373 said:

Well, I have already spent more than I should have... The price of the plane tickets were insane from Canada to San Juan (and the flight schedule terrible) but we really like the itinerary of the cruise and we like X more than the other cruise lines.

I think we will have to keep its small and cozy! Lol!

I think you will all have a ball!  Hopefully will remain good friends after the cruise!!  I would also suggest whoever is on the couch, try the bunk bed and the couch to see which works better.    Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic

My mum spent 10 days on the sofa bed and found it comfortable! This was on the equinox 2018.

i wouldn’t have liked to see her try and climb up on the upper berth bed every night! Lol! The upper berth would def suit teens/kids though.

CE26398E-7935-4240-9CE2-3A9C6B5A2174.jpeg