Disney Springs Transfer next week- Thanksgiving week.

kattlinx13

Hello. We will be Arriving in FL Next week- Tues and we are looking to get off the ship to stretch our legs. We also have family in FL that will be meeting us as well. Last time we did this trip, we did the transfer to Cocoa Beach but it was in May and a lot warmer out. I was thinking of doing the Disney Springs transfer for the day but will it be insane there being Thanksgiving week? We are a family of 6 and meeting up with 4. So going to lunch will be 10 people. I’m just worried with the traffic and it being so far away. Is it worth doing? We are suppose to be in FL from 1-9pm. Any advice is appreciated!!! Thanks 

23 minutes ago, kattlinx13 said:

Hello. We will be Arriving in FL Next week- Tues and we are looking to get off the ship to stretch our legs. We also have family in FL that will be meeting us as well. Last time we did this trip, we did the transfer to Cocoa Beach but it was in May and a lot warmer out. I was thinking of doing the Disney Springs transfer for the day but will it be insane there being Thanksgiving week? We are a family of 6 and meeting up with 4. So going to lunch will be 10 people. I’m just worried with the traffic and it being so far away. Is it worth doing? We are suppose to be in FL from 1-9pm. Any advice is appreciated!!! Thanks 

We have done the transfer to Disney Springs and the parks many times in all seasons. It is fine. We do not do the rides, but meet family and have lunch or dinner. Works out well.

Are you on the Bliss sailing? Actually we will be there TG week on the same day as the Bliss (on Royal Caribbean).  We are doing the Magic Kingdom transfer (which drops and picks up from the Transportation and Ticketing Center; then you take the monorail to MK, Epcot, or the 3 hotels in the loop) this time.

53 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We have done the transfer to Disney Springs and the parks many times in all seasons. It is fine. We do not do the rides, but meet family and have lunch or dinner. Works out well.

Are you on the Bliss sailing? Actually we will be there TG week on the same day as the Bliss (on Royal Caribbean).  We are doing the Magic Kingdom transfer (which drops and picks up from the Transportation and Ticketing Center; then you take the monorail to MK, Epcot, or the 3 hotels in the loop) this time.

Would you post back after your trip because everything I’ve read says it’s not worth it it’s not enough time.  I’m still going but wanted a recent review.  TIA

14 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Yes. We are sailing on the Bliss. We still don’t know what to do on FL day. We have a few days to figure it out. I just didn’t want to be in Disney Springs and not be able to do anything as it being a holiday week. I’m sure it will be insane but if that’s the case we will just do the beach. Thanks. 🙂

On 11/23/2019 at 10:43 AM, mamashamiller said:

Would you post back after your trip because everything I’ve read says it’s not worth it it’s not enough time.  I’m still going but wanted a recent review.  TIA

Just back today.

We were on a Royal Caribbean ship. Took the ship's transfer to Disney. Was $36 pp. They dropped us off at the Transportation and Ticketing Center, from where we took a monorail to the Grand Floridian. Being a holiday week, it was crowded, but not real crazy. I would strongly suggest that you book fast passes (irrespective of it being a holiday or not) so that you can avail as much as possible where rides are concerned.

We were not going to do rides, but just meet up with family at Grand Floridian and then go to Disney Springs for the rest of the day. Our bus had people going to all Disney parks and Disney Springs. Those going to Disney Springs, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios have to take another bus to go there because they are not on the monorail loop. Someone suggested Uber or Lyft as well. We were all asked to get back on the return bus by 4.15 pm, latest by 4.30. Buses left the Ticketing and Transportation as people boarded and filled them up. In the morning our bus left at 7.30 sharp and we got there at 8.30.

When we had done this with NCL our time was 12 noon to 9.30 pm.

20 hours ago, tokidoki said:

was wondering if the Disney parks and Disney springs are the same trip?   I have read the the same bus is used?   thx

We did this last Feb.  At the time I thought that we would be on the same bus...and dropped off last.  But, happily, we had a dedicated bus and plenty of time at Disney Springs.  I liked it so much we'll probably do it again on the March cruise.  It's either that or stay on the ship....we've been to that port so many times and did just about every other excursion.

55 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Just back today.

We were on a Royal Caribbean ship. Took the ship's transfer to Disney. Was $36 pp. They dropped us off at the Transportation and Ticketing Center, from where we took a monorail to the Grand Floridian. Being a holiday week, it was crowded, but not real crazy. I would strongly suggest that you book fast passes (irrespective of it being a holiday or not) so that you can avail as much as possible where rides are concerned.

We were not going to do rides, but just meet up with family at Grand Floridian and then go to Disney Springs for the rest of the day. Our bus had people going to all Disney parks and Disney Springs. Those going to Disney Springs, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios have to take another bus to go there because they are not on the monorail loop. Someone suggested Uber or Lyft as well. We were all asked to get back on the return bus by 4.15 pm, latest by 4.30. Buses left the Ticketing and Transportation as people boarded and filled them up. In the morning our bus left at 7.30 sharp and we got there at 8.30.

When we had done this with NCL our time was 12 noon to 9.30 pm.

Thanks so much for reporting back!  We are doing NCL and it says starts at 1.  I’m hoping we leave at 12 but who knows.  My son is a big disney nut so we are probably doing this excursion but 4 Park tickets will cost $500 so I just want to make sure we get more than 3-4 hours

i really appreciate you reporting back!

2 hours ago, April42749 said:

We did this last Feb.  At the time I thought that we would be on the same bus...and dropped off last.  But, happily, we had a dedicated bus and plenty of time at Disney Springs.  I liked it so much we'll probably do it again on the March cruise.  It's either that or stay on the ship....we've been to that port so many times and did just about every other excursion.

We r doing this trip😍  it’s confusing cause the NCL buses seemed to be for the 2 groups cause Disney Springs actual time is 3/ 1/2 hrs.  The actual trip is 7, so looks like the parks r dropped off first/last.  We would prefer to exit at transportation center and ride around from there.  We would then take a bus from Polynesian hotel back to Springs! 

1 hour ago, mamashamiller said:

Thanks so much for reporting back!  We are doing NCL and it says starts at 1.  I’m hoping we leave at 12 but who knows.  My son is a big disney nut so we are probably doing this excursion but 4 Park tickets will cost $500 so I just want to make sure we get more than 3-4 hours

i really appreciate you reporting back!

Ncl will leave at 1:30, we had maybe 5 hrs and we ran around to get on a few rides😂

36 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

We r doing this trip😍  it’s confusing cause the NCL buses seemed to be for the 2 groups cause Disney Springs actual time is 3/ 1/2 hrs.  The actual trip is 7, so looks like the parks r dropped off first/last.  We would prefer to exit at transportation center and ride around from there.  We would then take a bus from Polynesian hotel back to Springs! 

Sorry....I was confused.  It sounds like you want Disney....not Disney Springs.

When we did it our bus only went to Disney Springs.  Therefore, I assume those who went to the parks had a separate bus.

2 hours ago, April42749 said:

Sorry....I was confused.  It sounds like you want Disney....not Disney Springs.

When we did it our bus only went to Disney Springs.  Therefore, I assume those who went to the parks had a separate bus.

No it’s ok, we want Disney Springs, but we plan to split our time between the Disney hotels/monorail and the springs

1 minute ago, tokidoki said:

No it’s ok, we want Disney Springs, but we plan to split our time between the Disney hotels/monorail and the springs

If they consider it a 7 hr trip, then we will bus it to Polynesia hotel and walk to monorail.  Visit other hotels and bus it back to DS