Comfort Suites Area - 7 Mile Beach

CruisingMom77

I was wondering about the Comfort Suites area at 7 Mile beach. It is one of the closest to the port. Is there a public beach access? Can we just spread our towels there and enjoy the beach? We do not need facilities. Also, when returning to the port are there taxis readily available, or does the public bus run frequently?

The beach there is kind of crowded.  The Comfort Suites isn’t really right on the beach, so their beach is kind of squished in-between those of neighbouring buildings.  It’s very full of chairs, so you might have to look for a bit to find a clear spot to lay down a towel.  And IMO, that isn’t really the best part of SMB.

What’s your plan for restrooms if you aren’t looking for a spot with facilities?  The hotels don’t outright forbid you to use lobby restrooms if you aren’t a guest, but they mostly seem to make it a bit uncomfortable when it’s obvious you’re a cruise ship visitor.  That attitude will be even more evident if you’re traveling during peak season when the hotel is fully booked.

Personally, I’d travel a bit further down the beach to Royal Palms or Public Beach, or if you want fewer crowds, go to Governors Beach or even Cemetery Beach.  Much nicer spots without the hassles.

There are taxis all over the place around spots like Royal Palms and the public beach.  Cemetery Beach is a little more remote but there's a bus stop literally right there.  On the other hand, when we went there I just got our cab drivers number and called her when we were ready to return.  She was there in 15 minutes. 

For my money, and given its your first trip to GC, I would go to Royal Palms.  Entry is something like $3pp.  There is a nice adults only pool and if you walk just a short distance down the beach to the right you'll be almost by yourselves.  You can get food and drinks there but be mindful its pretty pricey, as it is everywhere in GC.  When you're ready to leave there will be cabs there to take you back to the tender.  No need to be nervous, just pay attention to the time.

ALL of the beach, at least, along the shore line, is PUBLIC.  If you're in front of a hotel, you can't use their loungers or other amenities, but you can certainly be on the beach in front of that.

The public bus is a great way to get around....$2.50 pp and it's on a regular run all day long.  Just walk a few steps to the road, and the next one will stop.