Victory Docking in Cozumel - could we make a 2pm excursion?

eastoftheboston

Hi All,

I'll be on the Carnival Victory in a little over a week (cannot wait!), and we are considering swimming with the dolphins at Chankanaab. Putting aside the ethics of that excursion for now (we're still debating it), if the itinerary says the ship docks at noon, does that give enough time to make it to Chankanaab for a 2pm appointment? They have a 3:30 swim, but I think I would prefer the 2pm one since the park closes at 5. I've only ever docked at the pier in downtown Cozumel across from Señor Frogs, just wondering if there's any special situation at Carnival's pier that would make this timeframe impossible? It seems like more than enough time, but I'm trying to be prepared. The only ship-sponsored dolphin swims are at Dolphinarius, but I'd prefer taking a taxi and experiencing Chankanaab. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance! 

Carnival has a 2nd location where it docks & it requires a 10-15 minute taxi ride to downtown.  I don't know where your excursion is in relation to this location.

There is no guarantee that the ship will actually dock at noon or that you will be able to debark at any given time

3 hours ago, May1cruiser said:

i believe local time is one hour earlier than ship time, may want to explore this to validate.

Not anymore.  They changed to Eastern Time in 2015, and Quintana Roo stopped observing Daylight Savings Time.  So the local time is in sync with Florida from Halloween to mid-March, and 1 hour behind the rest of the year.

8 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Not anymore.  They changed to Eastern Time in 2015, and Quintana Roo stopped observing Daylight Savings Time.  So the local time is in sync with Florida from Halloween to mid-March, and 1 hour behind the rest of the year.

This makes sense, we were there this August and noticed land time was one hour earlier than ship time. 

Just off the Valor this morning.   I had booked a tour for Cozumel mid summer with 9 a.m. departure  time.

When in Cozumel in September, both ship and local time the same.

On Wednesday morning,  get off heading to the taxi stand when I noticed local time was a hour ahead of ship.

Needless to say didn't make my tour.  

When daylight saving happened,  time in my region (CST) went back a hour.  I never thought  twice about  this happening for my tour.

If your ship is on EST, you should be in sync, but if on CST hour behind 

On 12/6/2019 at 8:48 AM, LandlockedCruiser01 said: