Colombo Port in Sri Lanka

tring

We are embarking a cruise here on the 6th February.  Can anyone who has been to this port in the last few years tell me what sort of port facilities to expect on arrival?

We will need to travel for about two hours to reach the port from our last hotel in Sri Lanka, so wondering if we need to stop off somewhere to use toilet facilities and perhaps have a drink in case there is any delay embarking the ship.  

Edited by tring

We were docked in Colombo in April 2018 on Crystal Serenity's world cruise. It was not a turn-around port. My recollection is this was primarily a cargo port and there was no passenger terminal building. A couple of pictures of the pier are posted below.

Rob

001 Arriving port of Colombo (3).JPG

001 Arriving port of Colombo (1).JPG

Thank you both for those replies, which are much appreciated.

I did ring the cruise company a couple of months ago and was told there would definitely be toilets and I asked again at the end of last week, (when making another query), and told there is basically nothing and there will just be a 'pop up tent' for check in.  Apart from the different information, I am never confident that head office staff know anything about the local ports, but the second person I spoke to sounded a lot more confident, so those details seem to agree with your posts.

They may get some portaloos for the change over day, but probably not, so will make sure we stop off on the way in case we arrive at the same time as coaches from the airport.  It is a small ship (about 750 people) and not all will be on change over so fingers crossed check in will not be too bad.

We are arriving independently after having about two weeks on a tour and stay in Sri Lanka, but have been there before on a land holiday and loved it.  I hope you both enjoyed your time when docked there.