Puerto Vallarta- Carnival Excursion The Greatest Outdoor Adventure

wantingpj

Hello!

Has anyone been on the The Greatest Outdoor Adventure and BBQ through Carnival in Puerto Vallarta?  We were wondering if it's worth the price or if we can book outside of Carnival but still get the same tour?  We usually don't book excursions, but this one seems right up my husband and sons alley.  

Thanks!

On 12/17/2019 at 7:15 PM, wantingpj said:

Hello!

Has anyone been on the The Greatest Outdoor Adventure and BBQ through Carnival in Puerto Vallarta?  We were wondering if it's worth the price or if we can book outside of Carnival but still get the same tour?  We usually don't book excursions, but this one seems right up my husband and sons alley.  

Thanks!

Just a heads up that most (not necessarily all) cruise line excursions in PV are provided by a company called Vallarta Adventures.  They are a decent local company (I believe they are the largest tour company in PV) and generally do a good job.  But they do not knowingly sell any of their tours directly to cruisers.

Hank

IF you put that title into Google it will show the Carnival description and also the Vallarta Adventures web site with its own description. You could always contact them to see if they'd sell it to you separately but I think they have a contract with Carnival and won't do that.

It never hurts to ask.

23 hours ago, riffatsea said:

IF you put that title into Google it will show the Carnival description and also the Vallarta Adventures web site with its own description. You could always contact them to see if they'd sell it to you separately but I think they have a contract with Carnival and won't do that.

It never hurts to ask.

When we have booked excursions direct with Vallarta Adventures (we live in PV during the winter) they have required a local address and phone number.   This is not uncommon around the world where local tour providers who contract with cruise lines (or their third party tour desk providers) are obligated to now sell directly to cruisers.  This allows the cruise lines to increase the price of excursions without informed cruisers booking at lower cost elsewhere.  

Vallarta Adventures is a good company but does play its share of pricing games.  They sometimes offer big discounts to locals and those with the old FM3 Residence Visas...thus trying to treat short term visitors (not just cruise ship passengers) to higher prices.  

Hank