New Staterooms on Freedom?

LuCruise

We currently have a (tiny tiny) interior room booked on Freedom for 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids).  The price for this cruise is quite high so we stuck with that, for now.  But I'm looking at other options, and I see a few spacious ocean view rooms on deck 12 near the arcade.  It looks like these are new (i.e added as part of dry dock)?  

We avoid very front rooms due to movement.  Would these rooms at the back on a higher deck have an issue too?  Also, anyone know if when they install new sofa beds, would they be the trundle style, or the standard style where the sofa bed turns into a double bed?  Although the interior room is really small, one nice thing is that it has 2 Pullmans, which gives our kids their own bed.  The old style sofa bed means they need to share a bed, which was fine when they were younger, but more of an issue as they get older.

Also, being near the arcade, do we need to be concerned about noise?  It's hard to tell if it's a completely separate hallway for the rooms vs arcade (and children's club on other side).

Edited by LuCruise

20 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We avoid very front rooms due to movement.  Would these rooms at the back on a higher deck have an issue too?  ...

The new staterooms near the arcade would not be as bad for motion as those at the very forward part of the ship.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

The new staterooms near the arcade would not be as bad for motion as those at the very forward part of the ship.

I just got off Adventure in a family sized cabin above the Bridge. Never felt any movement. Actually was dissapointed 

20191205_131337.thumb.jpg.d3d49a253a65bc5e5bb4a473fff2e555.jpg

IMG_5285.thumb.JPG.3204d20b2f5cacc73d8d0d8e2c081423.JPG

55 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks.  Good to know.

51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I just got off Adventure in a family sized cabin above the Bridge. Never felt any movement. Actually was dissapointed 

Amazing views!  I saw your review in the other thread.  We just got off Adventure on the cruise right after you.  If you had stayed on that week, you would have felt rocking from anywhere as it got rough. 😉

Guessing no one would know about the sofa bed being installed?  If they were trundle style like Symphony and Harmony, then it would be easier to make the jump from interior to one of these ocean view rooms (as it's still $660 more)

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  Good to know.

Amazing views!  I saw your review in the other thread.  We just got off Adventure on the cruise right after you.  If you had stayed on that week, you would have felt rocking from anywhere as it got rough. 😉

Guessing no one would know about the sofa bed being installed?  If they were trundle style like Symphony and Harmony, then it would be easier to make the jump from interior to one of these ocean view rooms (as it's still $660 more)

December 7🤔

We stayed on for that as well. ABC Islands. Yes, that week was a little rougher. I felt it in a Deck 6 Promenade 

I believe the floor plan uses a triangle shape indicates the trundle bed availability 

Edited by John&LaLa

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

December 7🤔

We stayed on for that as well. ABC Islands. Yes, that week was a little rougher. I felt it in a Deck 6 Promenade 

I believe the floor plan uses a triangle shape indicates the trundle bed availability 

Dec 15th  (I saw from your review that you did a back to back so we must have been right after you)

• Like 1