Online check in...

AndyMichelle

4 hours ago, Cruising Nomads said:

On the new online check in does it give you a boarding time or is it arrive when you like? 

It does give you a boarding time, but as usual, we arrived early and were straight onboard. 

The boarding times did cause a bit of an issue as many were given 3. 30, and the ship was due ta sail at 4.30.

This caused issues where lots of passengers were directed straight to muster and we were late leaving. 

Arrive early, if you have to wait, so be it... 

Andy 

On 12/30/2019 at 4:01 PM, davemorton said:

Im sure the pic comes up on the hand held computers when they scan it when purchasing a drink......but I could be wrong. 

You are right Dave, that's how I know they are using my passport pic. 

If you are not asking for a receipt, some of the waiters show you the I pad to show you what they are ordering for you. 

Andy 

On 12/29/2019 at 2:32 PM, AndyMichelle said:

Well that was easy.. 

Onboard within minutes of arrival. 

There was no queue at all for the online check in, but rather a large queue for the normal check in. 

This was probably due to not many people having the option. 

They did not take photos and our cards were ready. 

Right, what cocktail to have first... 

Andy 

Exactly the same for us, we went straight to online check in desk, think they scanned passport pics, approx 10mins from entering the port we were on the ship!!👍

• Like 1

Fantastic online checkin and onboard by12.30. We do not have any priority but usually go early prepared to wait, but usually get on fairly quickly. Arrived at 12, We were given a pink G card and my heart sank, but were sent straight to a checkin desk. Only had to show passports, cruise cards were handed over. As we headed for the chairs they announced boarding for Caribbean tiers and above and pink F&G. Longest wait was on the air bridge, otherwise we might have been on by 12.20! I think the pink cards were online checkin as it seemed that most passengers were showing the usual e-ticket.

its very quiet, presumably because most of those onboard are at the lunch. One slight niggle. 20% vat is to be added to all purchases as we are cruising entirely in the EU. So those in February and later will be getting an even bigger bargain!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

The photo that is used comes ftom your passport. When you check in the staff read the biometrics logo on the front of your passport and download that onto the P&O system.

I will look upside down then, as I had hair on my head, and none on my chin when that was taken.  Now I am the total reverse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2