Changing a cruise

malily

We are fully paid for a cruise in May, but will probably need to change to a later date and a different itinerary. As an aside, this is our decision alone, it’s not a family or illness decision. Since it is our decision, our travel insurance will not reimburse us.

My question is, what is Regent’s policy?  Can we use the fare we’ve already paid for a different cruise, would we lose it or would we be penalized?

Even though we have taken many Regent cruises, we’ve never needed to make a decision like this. I’m hopeful someone has had a similar problem and wonder what the outcome was. Thanks everyone. 

18 hours ago, malily said:

My question is, what is Regent’s policy?  Can we use the fare we’ve already paid for a different cruise, would we lose it or would we be penalized?

You can check out the Terms and Conditions and you will find that canceling subjects you to the penalties as described in the T's & C's.  Believe this is always a certain percentage of the cruise price and the percentage increases as you get closer to the cruise date.  The % varies based on the length of the cruise and other factors so impossible for anyone here to determine what your penalty percentage will be and when it kicks in.  Drib kindly provided you a link to the information.

Nothing in the T's & C's allows you to use the dollars you have already paid for a different cruise.  They do allow the $100 penalty to be used for a different cruise within I think a year.  So yes you will be penalized by losing a portion or all of your fare if you reach the penalty date.

As others have stated, you could be quickly approaching the more than $100 or more penalty so need to act quickly.  Your TA should be able to answer all of your questions.