Corn and Gluten Allergy

Kittygal23

Hi fellow cruisers! Anyone have any experience going on a Princess cruise with a corn and gluten allergy? 

If so, curious as to the feedback on the food offerings and overall dining experience. I know there are a number of gluten free options, but having selections that are both gluten and corn allergy friendly are trickier.

I have a serious gluten and milk allergy. Inform them in the dining room of your allergies and you will get the next nights menu. You can pick out what you want and they will have it for you for the next night. At breakfast, the bread station has gluten free toast and I’m sure there are lots of corn free options as well. They were very helpful and I enjoyed the food a lot. 

On 1/4/2020 at 10:16 PM, Kittygal23 said:

Hi fellow cruisers! Anyone have any experience going on a Princess cruise with a corn and gluten allergy? 

If so, curious as to the feedback on the food offerings and overall dining experience. I know there are a number of gluten free options, but having selections that are both gluten and corn allergy friendly are trickier.

It is important to notify Princess through your booking of your dietary need.

For some of my family members with Gluten and nut allergies over the last few cruises we entered the information in the Personalizer online which is sent to the dietary department of Princess.

Once onboard touch base with the Head Waiter of the DR you are in.

He/she was advised and was aware of the requests ahead of time. 

The buffet will also help you with these issues.

They had GF bread/rolls/desserts etc available at dinner. The chefs were able to prepare foods in line with the requests/allergies.

46 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It is important to notify Princess through your booking of your dietary need.

For some of my family members with Gluten and nut allergies over the last few cruises we entered the information in the Personalizer online which is sent to the dietary department of Princess.

Once onboard touch base with the Head Waiter of the DR you are in.

He/she was advised and was aware of the requests ahead of time. 

The buffet will also help you with these issues.

They had GF bread/rolls/desserts etc available at dinner. The chefs were able to prepare foods in line with the requests/allergies.

I second this, DW has a gluten, dairy and egg allergy.  We filled out the food allergy option int he cruise personalizes and within a weeks he was contacted by a member of the department asking if she would like Soy or Rice milk (they don’t do almond milk).  So in addition to meeting the the Maitre’D onboard make sure you fill out the cruise personalizes in advance.  

Haven’t cruised Princess since DW found out about her allergy so cant comment on the onboard experience.  But Celebrity and Carnival did good jobs and I am sure Princess will as well.