NCL Bliss - Panama Canal cruise - bow view?

me_phisto

Hello,

I am interested in a Panamal Canal cruise and found a nice itinerary with NCL Bliss from LA to Miami. I would love to watch the transit from the forward section (public deck) but as far as I know this area is exclusive for the Haven.

Apart of a forward facing lounge is there a nice (deck) place to watch the tansit?

Many thanks and kind regards,
Dominik

10 minutes ago, me_phisto said:

Hello,

I am interested in a Panamal Canal cruise and found a nice itinerary with NCL Bliss from LA to Miami. I would love to watch the transit from the forward section (public deck) but as far as I know this area is exclusive for the Haven.

Apart of a forward facing lounge is there a nice (deck) place to watch the tansit?

Dominik

This is not exactly what you asked but if you search for a Panama Canal cruise on one of the Jewell class ships

(Pearl, Jade, Jewell or Gem) there are lots of areas you can look forward. We took the Pearl and booked

one of the forward facing cabins. The ship also opened up the outside bow area which is normally off limits.

Usually just the crew have access.

17 minutes ago, me_phisto said:

Hello,

Dominik

The area on the upper deck is for the Haven.

But for the canal transit the ship opens the bow area usually reserved for the crew to passengers.

On 1/7/2020 at 1:41 PM, JayS said:

The area on the upper deck is for the Haven.

But for the canal transit the ship opens the bow area usually reserved for the crew to passengers.

Thank you, that sounds really interesting. Hopefully the cew opens it for every canal cruise 🙂

Kind regards,
Dominik

On 1/7/2020 at 8:32 AM, JAFA13 said:

Similar to how they do glacier cruising in Alaska? 

Yes, it is standard procedure to open the bow to the public during glacier cruising in Alaska and while in the Panama Canal.