Which Haven accommodations on which ship would you book for a 50th wedding anniversary?

luv2cruise391

We are trying to decide on a Haven courtyard PH suite or similar on either the Joy or the Encore. OBviously, our age will prevent us from all the physical bells and whistles of water slides, etc, etc. We are more interested in just the room itself and relaxing and the use of the Haven restaurant. We have been to all the Carib ports several times so that does not really matter either, I think we want to sail from Miami or port Canaveral with Miami first choice and on a newer ship with the HAVEN rooms. 

Which ship would you recommend? We are more into the musical or comedy entertainment onboard and food rather than other things. Also, is there a major difference in the food served in the haven restaurant or is it the same as in the MDR? We plan to go one week in JAN 2021.Cost is not a MAJOR factor, though we don't necessarily pay for a brand new ship unless the HAVEN part is better than on some of the older ships.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and any pics you might have of past Haven accommodations you have stayed in. 

We have been in the Haven on the NCL Getaway, Breakaway, Escape, Getaway again (because why not?) and Epic. All were unbelievable experiences. We prefer the H5 Courtyard cabins as the Haven amenities are so close. On the Epic, we bid "up" and won a 2 Bedroom Family suite. Just the two of us, so we didn't use the other bedroom, but what was nice was to have the extra closet space and full bathroom, so that we could both be getting ready at the same time.

The ships with the "Waterfront" are nice, we love to take long walks around between music acts and shows, burn off a few of the calories consumed 🙂

Edited by mjcatlvr

I know you said a newer ship, but the big suites on the SUN are incredible.  The dining venue is the Italian restaurant on board and that is a lovely venue, beautiful windows out to sea.   The SUN doesn't have a haven, so not really what you are looking for, but give them a look over anyways.

Changed my mind - going with a Sky Suite on Celebrity - price and perks were better. Tough decision, but I did the inaugaral on the Edge and my interest was "peaked" so we are booking (courtesy hold for now) on the APEX.

Thanks for your tips though! Next time, maybe as I have Cruise certificates that need to be used!