Suite vs. Family Harbor

kelkel2

My husband and I are looking to the future to book a cruise for us and our toddler twins. We’re going to wait another year for potty training and all that, but what I was wondering is if someone could help me decide if it’s more worth the value to do a family harbor suite or a regular suite? The kids will be 3.5 yrs old when we cruise, so I just don’t know if they would benefit from a lot of the kids stuff. They likely wouldn’t care about puzzles, games etc. that the family area offers. We would be taking advantage of the kids clubs for them, I’m sure. 
Also, what are the benefits to booking a suite? Priority boarding? Do you get access to your room early or no? Please provide any insight that may help us make a decision. 

Family Harbor suites get priority boarding but not early access as previously said.

in addition to the games int he lounge, there are snacks, ice cream machine, coffee maker and a smaller continental breakfast

family harbor also comes with a free night of Night-owl babysitting and free "kid's meals" in the specialty dining. only you can determine if those two things are of value to you.

the family harbor suites are cove balconies, which have a loyal following as well.

7 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

Family Harbor suites get priority boarding but not early access as previously said.

in addition to the games int he lounge, there are snacks, ice cream machine, coffee maker and a smaller continental breakfast

family harbor also comes with a free night of Night-owl babysitting and free "kid's meals" in the specialty dining. only you can determine if those two things are of value to you.

the family harbor suites are cove balconies, which have a loyal following as well.

Thank you! All of those things sound pretty  nice and I’ve always wanted to try a cove. So it sounds pretty perfect for our needs. Easy access to snacks (and coffee) is a huge perk to me, especially with traveling with little ones. 
thanks for your input! 

I can't comment intelligently on the Family Harbor lounge. However, I have sailed several times in a suite on Royal Caribbean. There is one principal from those cruises which I think would apply here-- I tremendously enjoy having access to someone who can help me with the range of things which would normally cause me to go to guest services (reservations, bill questions, etc.). I understand that there is sometimes a concierge posted to the Family Harbor lounge. If that is true, it would add a great deal of value to the experience for me over the regular suite in which I sailed on the Carnival Dream last month.

1 hour ago, Denverdonkeys said:

Do any family harbors sleep five?