Epic outlet and extension cord question

brookie848

We will be on the Epic in a month and my husband will be doing dialysis in the cabin. We have this arranged with NCL, but I just had one of those moments...

Do the outlets in the cabins (we will be a Haven 2-bedroom suite) have three prongs or only two? I know NCL will provide an extension cord if needed, but if we decide to bring our own is that okay as long as it doesn't have surge protection?

My husband needs to confirm some final details before we cruise, so we'll ask about this then, but I'm hoping someone here has some knowledge of the outlets (I don't always trust the people on the phone). 

Best to take your own extension cord - 15' is best - as Guest Services will have limited supply, especially on large ships.

Also you might need it in some hotels.

After borrowing one from Guest Services during our first NCL cruise I decided to bring my own. They did send me a note asking to return it on the last evening but I needed it so returned it the disembarkation morning - a bit of a hassle.

Thanks to both of you for the advice/information. The advantage of bringing the cycler with us is that it will be done while he sleeps, so the machine will be contained to the master bedroom.

I think we will bring an extension cord with us for the night before and peace of mind in general. 

Thanks again!