The week before you cruise!

toni1266

I've heard it said here on these boards that the week before you cruise goes by so very slow... Not for me... I can't believe I'm leaving for Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow.. I guess I just wasn't ready and trying to get ready in a hurry has made this week fly by. Maybe it has something to do with the four teenage girls I'm taking with me.. Or maybe the fact that I hate leaving my husband and son alone because I know they will tear up my house and I've been busy trying to fix them stuff so that they don't decide they're Betty Crocker one night and burn my kitchen down. Also, I overpacked and unpacked and took half out and am still overpacked. Every time I say I won't overpack but I do!! icon_frown.gif

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

Lois, I will say hi to everyone for you.

Neal, I will try and get your menu's... The Vegetarian menu and the wine list, correct?

I'll check in while I'm onboard.. You all take care and be good!!

Toni

Hi Terry, Thanks so much, I'm sure we will have a great time.. One of my best cruises ever was with the girls, we went last August on Century and had a great time so they've decided to make it a yearly event. They are all 16 going on 25...

Thanks again, I'll be thinking of everyone on the boards!

Toni

Toni

You are quite a woman. It sounds like a great time to me. We are supposed to meet Lois in Norfolk for dinner before she sails on the Horizon in September. I hope you can join us. We are not going on the cruise. We're just meeting her for dinner the night before she sails. I know you are supposed to be booking the Horizon to Bermuda to get the onboard credit.

Have a great time on this cruise! Hope to meet you in September.

Carol

Hi Carol, I would love to join you all for dinner. Hopefully I will book the cruise to Bermuda but if not I'd still love to join you all for dinner. I live in Virginia Beach so it's easy for me.

Deb, No way would I share a room with two girls much less four of them. I have to have a clean bathroom and shower and that's not happening in a room with four girls. We have rooms 1133 and 1135, right next door so I can keep a good eye on them but far enough away away that I can get some quiet time to myself.

Thanks for the nice wishes icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Toni

I hope you can join us in September. We go up to Virginia Beach every weekend to shop at the military bases. My husband is retired Coast Guard. We are looking forward to meeting you even if you don't cruise to Bermuda. But I hope you can go on the cruise. Bermuda is lovely.

Carol

Toni:

How did you get around the cruise line rule of no one under 21 staying in a cabin by themselves?

I've done 4 girls in a cabin (all of us were just out of college). That was an experience! Had to have a plan just to get dressed and use the ladder to the top bunks, etc. Turned out to be a very cheap cruise, but one I don't care to repeat!!

Good luck!!

Thanks Carol, I will have no problem joing you all. We should meet up one weekend this summer on one of your trips to the beach. Just let me know and we'll have dinner or something.

Hi Deb, Celebrity will allow your children to have their own cabin as long as it's near by your cabin. It really should be right next door or across the hall. When my guys were little I'd book early so that we could have adjoining cabins, there aren't too many of those available.

I bet you did have fun right out of college. I'm sure these girls will be saying the same thing later in life.. I'd venture to say that they will probably have to use my shower and bathroom from time to time.

Toni

Hey Toniicon_smile.gif Hi Carolicon_smile.gif...we are going to have FUN....only 90 days to go!!!

Carol, it will be great to see you and Bob again!

The wonderful world of the internet and cruising icon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

• 2 weeks later...

hi toni, planning cruise in january on connie and my 20 year old and his friend want to come along. i wanted 2 seperate cabins for my husband and myself and the two guys but the kids are both under 25 so it's a problem. the ta i spoke to told me i could not book the guys in thier own room that i would need a suite. he then told me that i could book one room and my husband book the other and switch once on board. i am a bit paranoid about this. don't want to get into any problems. exactly how did you book this.

I have booked exactly that way and it was no problem at all. When we boarded, we just had the desk switch the key cards for us, they also gave us a separate key for the kids room, so we could check their room at any time.

Archived