Seattle Hotel with Shower only or Separate Shower and Tub

dgc2861

Anyone stay at a Seattle hotel with a shower only, not a shower/tub combo? Two knee replacements and a bad hip, and my tub days are over. Not particular about where we stay. Just the shower only is important. I don't want to take away an accessible room with a wheel in shower if I can find a hotel with this configuration.

Thanks so much!

24 minutes ago, dgc2861 said:

Anyone stay at a Seattle hotel with a shower only, not a shower/tub combo? Two knee replacements and a bad hip, and my tub days are over. Not particular about where we stay. Just the shower only is important.

Most of the top end hotels (Four Seasons, Thompson, Inn at the Market) have rooms with separate walk in showers showers with a tub. They are going to be a bit more on the expensive side though. 

Even older, high end hotels like the Fairmont Olympic mostly still have the tub/shower combo. 

27 minutes ago, dgc2861 said:

I don't want to take away an accessible room with a wheel in shower if I can find a hotel with this configuration.

I'm sure if you call any given hotel to explain the situation these rooms are what they are going to recommend. 

16 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Most of the top end hotels (Four Seasons, Thompson, Inn at the Market) have rooms with separate walk in showers showers with a tub. They are going to be a bit more on the expensive side though. 

Even older, high end hotels like the Fairmont Olympic mostly still have the tub/shower combo. 

I'm sure if you call any given hotel to explain the situation these rooms are what they are going to recommend. 

Yes, I agree and that is probably what we would end up doing. But my first intention is to research and there is plenty of time before 2021. Nothing urgent. Thanks for giving the above options. I'm going to check them out.

24 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Can you request a Handicapped or accessible room?

yes, that is probably what I will do. I've been researching and thought I could get a room with a shower only and no tub, without taking away a rollin shower from someone, but it has been challenging.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 1:57 PM, Straitlover said:

Check any Sleep Inns in the area. Most of the ones I have stayed in have been showers only. I know there is one near the airport, as it was down the street from where I stayed in 2018.

Thank you, I'm going to look in to this.

2 minutes ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

The website for Holiday Inn Express at SeaTac shows Walkin Showers in some rooms. We stayed there last year in June and they were finishing a major renovations.  They have a convenient shuttle to and from the airport.  Very nice hotel.

Oh very good. Thank you so much. I also saw Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport that showed showers in a regular room w/o taking away a roll in shower from someone. These are all good suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...