Buenos Aires early disembark ???

newsycruiser

We are on a tranAtlantic cruise later this year that concludes with an overnight stay in Buenos Aires. We would like to disembark the day we arrive in BA (the day before the "official" end) but, as "senior" women, we are concerned about the need to handle our own luggage. I understand we would be getting on a shuttle at the ship which would then take us to the port exit.

Can anyone tell me what these shuttles are like, how difficult it might be to get our luggage on and off the shuttle, and any other information that might be helpful.  Thanks so much.

6 hours ago, newsycruiser said:

We are on a tranAtlantic cruise later this year that concludes with an overnight stay in Buenos Aires. We would like to disembark the day we arrive in BA (the day before the "official" end) but, as "senior" women, we are concerned about the need to handle our own luggage. I understand we would be getting on a shuttle at the ship which would then take us to the port exit.

Can anyone tell me what these shuttles are like, how difficult it might be to get our luggage on and off the shuttle, and any other information that might be helpful.  Thanks so much.

The port shuttles are the large accordian-type city buses that are in several large cities.  In terms of how difficult it will be to handle your luggage, I don't think that is a question any of us can answer.  You will need to roll it down the ramp at the ship and once you are at the bottom it won't be a long walk to the buses.

We traveled Oceania in December and the luggage was delivered to the cruise terminal. We took the buses to the terminal. It was waiting in groups inside there and we picked up ours and then cleared customs and immigration. Walked just a few steps to curbside and transpo. We took a taxi and paid in US$. Could not have been easier. The ships dock back in the cargo area so you cant walk out.

ETA: Oops, just realized that you disembarking a day early. I'd contact the cruise line. Sorry but I'm leaving this here for general info.

Edited by clo