Ft Lauderdale Water Taxi

highflyingrealtor

The closest water taxi stop is #4 located under the 17th Street bridge near the Hilton Marina.  Just remember that the Margaritaville route operates hourly ("Our Margaritaville Express Routes’ first departure is 10:00am from Stop #4 Hilton Marina southbound to Margaritaville and then runs hourly, with last pick-up at Margaritaville at 9:00pm.")

The walk to stop #4 from the Holiday Inn Express is 1/2 mile according to Google maps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Arriving early the day before our cruise. We figure on dropping our luggage at the hotel and then spending a some time using the Water Taxi to sight see and get lunch. Which taxi spot is closest to the airport hotels and any idea on what Uber or Lyft would run to get there? Thanks

34 minutes ago, buckeyecruisers said:

Arriving early the day before our cruise. We figure on dropping our luggage at the hotel and then spending a some time using the Water Taxi to sight see and get lunch. Which taxi spot is closest to the airport hotels and any idea on what Uber or Lyft would run to get there? Thanks

Ask them to take you to the Hilton Marina next to the 17th Street bridge.  The water taxi stop is under the bridge.

See the routes/stops on their website:  www.watertaxi.com.

Added:  I realized I didn't answer your question about Uber/Lyft pricing.  I don't have experience with Lyft (although the prices are probably similar) but when I want to get an estimate for an Uber ride I go to https://uberestimator.com/

You can use the drop off location:  Water Taxi Stop - Hilton Marina/ Convention Center

Edited by capriccio

23 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Ask them to take you to the Hilton Marina next to the 17th Street bridge.  The water taxi stop is under the bridge.

See the routes/stops on their website:  www.watertaxi.com.

Added:  I realized I didn't answer your question about Uber/Lyft pricing.  I don't have experience with Lyft (although the prices are probably similar) but when I want to get an estimate for an Uber ride I go to https://uberestimator.com/

You can use the drop off location:  Water Taxi Stop - Hilton Marina/ Convention Center

Thanks for the advice

7 minutes ago, smurphy199 said:

I will have a  rental car pre-cruise. Where can I park while taking the water taxi?

From the water taxi website (https://watertaxi.com/faqs/

There is ample parking available at Stop #1 335 SE. 6th Ave. Ft. Lauderdale within the Riverside Hotel Parking Garage.

It is metered parking and costs $3.00 per hour. Simply enter your license plate number in the pay station and make your payment. This location provides easy access to the riverfront and historic Las Olas Blvd. For more information about the location please click on the Maps & Schedules tab of this website.

On 2/8/2020 at 2:37 PM, capriccio said:

From the water taxi website (https://watertaxi.com/faqs/

There is ample parking available at Stop #1 335 SE. 6th Ave. Ft. Lauderdale within the Riverside Hotel Parking Garage.

It is metered parking and costs $3.00 per hour. Simply enter your license plate number in the pay station and make your payment. This location provides easy access to the riverfront and historic Las Olas Blvd. For more information about the location please click on the Maps & Schedules tab of this website.

At that price for parking, it probably makes more sense to leave the car at the hotel and call an Uber.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:08 PM, highflyingrealtor said:

We're staying at the Holiday Inn - 17th Street. Has anyone taken the water taxi down to the Margaritaville/Hollywood stop. Looks like a short walk (maybe) from the hotel to stop #4? Comments appreciated...😎

It's an easy walk.  I've never done the Margairaville/Hollywood stop, but just make sure you get on the right water taxi.